Chapter 1

Jacks pov

My alarm clock goes off at it's usual time which is six o'clock. This sounds crazy due to the fact it's June and school just ended, but Sammy needs her medicine at a certain time and she's on a schedule that makes sure nothing happens.

I get out of my bed and head to her room to make sure she has already gotten up. I hear the running water coming from her bathroom meaning she is up, so I go back to my room to get ready for this morning. After showering and doing my hair I head to my closet and grab a pair of kakis, a t-shirt, and a pair of vans. The usual outfit for me.

I get to the kitchen to find my mom has already gone to work which is what I always find when I get up. She's barely ever around and that's why I'm the one taking care of Sammy. I don't find it much of an issue because I love her, but a seventeen year old should have to always be the one taking care of his fourteen year old sister.

I get out her medicine and some juice. This isn't really ever a hassle because I've been doing this for like three years now. Samantha has a lot of issues, I'm not gonna sugarcoat it.

She's got severe ADHD, OCD and anxiety. They all interact with each other and tend to make each other worse. She's also has hypoglycemia and I always have to make sure she is eating. The hard part about this, is that the medicines make her lose her appetite, so it's a struggle to make sure she's getting the nutrients she needs. Lastly she has some depression, so making sure she doesn't do something without thinking or acting on impulse, because she's upset, is something I'm constantly worried about. If I miss one thing I could have her gone forever. This is also a big issue because she tends to run away when she's angry or sad.

She slowly trots down the staircase and her usually wavy hair is straightened. Her black shorts and vans are matching and her white t-shirt that she loves. I hand her the pills and juice and start pouring cereal for the both of us.

"So Sammy, Jack is coming over later. You ok with that?" She looks up from her cereal for a brief second then continues eating.

"You ok?"

"Yeah, I'm just confused as to why you would ask if I'm ok with Jack coming over. He practically lives here."

"I know I was just making conversation. Well actually I forgot to tell you yesterday about something coming up." I add.

"So what is it? Are we going on vacation or something, because if we are I choose Disney." I laugh at her because anytime I bring up something and the answer could be anything, she automatically answers with Disney.

"Sorry but no. I'm going to dad's tomorrow since it's the weekend and I'm gonna be staying with him for a week. You know, so I can catch up with him." I give her the best sympathy smile I can give her because she hates our dad.

He and my mom divorced when I was ten and she was seven. We were pretty young, but he never really asked to see her, it was only me. It's not that he doesn't love her it's just that he doesn't understand her and her issues. He rather not communicate with her than have to try. I still love him because going to dads means I get a break.

"I get it, you want to see dad. No big deal." She gets up off of the stool that is next to the kitchen islands and places her glass bowl in the sink. "I'll be in my room if that's ok." She turns around to me before heading to the stairs.

"Yeah, I'll be down her if you need anything." I give her another sympathy smile before heading to the den.

I know she's upset about this, but she does this all the time. I see dad at least one week a month. During this time she stays with Sam. I trust him with her since he has known her for a while. He's a brother to her and he knows her schedule and everything about her. She has a room over at his house for when she stays there so she's always somewhere where she is ok with being. I don't really trust many others with her because she's so 'unstable'. I hate to say she is unstable, but she is. I need someone to hold her if she ever tries running, and due to the fact she is 5'8 and normal weight I need someone to be strong enough to do that too.

I hear the front door open and close and I assume it's Jack because let's face it I've known him since kindergarten. The kid lets himself in and I do the same to him. I see a flash of blonde out of the side of my eye and I feel the couch move a little.

"Yo, bro whats up." I turn to see him with a sexual smirk on his face which shouldn't be there.

"Dude please stop making that face your creeping me out. Also we need to film some more vines."

"Oh, yeah. Wanna just make something up as we go?" I nod my head and go up to my room to something to film on. It's something we call our special tripod.

Samantha's P.O.V

I soak up the information that just left Jack's lips. I'm not happy about it, because I never am when it comes to him going to dads. He knows I hate him because he doesn't love me or treat me like a daughter.

Once I get up the stairs I turn to the left and into my room. I left the window open last night so the cool night breeze would flow in and the room is still not too hot for my tolerance. I got over to my bed that had a plain white comforter and white sheets and start to make it so it's presentable even thought nobody will be in here, but me and Jack when he checks to make sure I'm ok. That's what feels like every hour. My beige walls are plain, but I like them because they have a relaxing feel to them and the white furniture give my room a beach type laid back vibe. My style is reserved but I tend to lean to the more 'hipster' style as people call it.

Once I'm done I go over to my desk and shake the mouse to my computer to get the screen to light up. The screen pops up to what I was last on and of course it's youtube, Zoella to be precise. The videos I watch keep me occupied because I really don't get to do much. I go to school, go to Sam's house when Jack can't watch for me, swim in our pool, and go on our trampoline. I hate the summer because it leaves me with inevitable boredom. Unlike most families mine doesn't go on vacation and if we do it's once in a blue moon. I've been to the occasional family visits but other than I stay here in Nebraska.

Jack on the other hand could be the life of the party. When Sam was available and there was a Friday night or weekend party during the school year, he would hop on the opportunity. And don't even get me started about when summer starts which it just started not to long ago. He goes from life of the party to maybe you've had to many drink and if you have another your gonna do so many things you regret or your going to end up in the hospital. It's never gotten to the hospital point, but it has gotten to 'I shouldn't have ever done that even if I did have a few drinks.'

I don't usually worry because he is turning eighteen soon and he can make his own choices, but part of me prays nothing happens to him or because of him. He has only done something stupid like once our twice, but someone has always stopped it from getting to far.

I keep watching youtube videos that my computer is letting me watch. You see Jack doesn't want me cursing or doing anything 'bad' so he has put parental locks on any video that contains cursing or something like that. This maybe helped me not be cursing at others or when I'm angry, but he doesn't even like me saying hell or frickin and the only reason I can't say that is because it's to close to the other word. I understand he wants me to be a sweet girl but I'll be sweet and caring either way.

I hear footsteps and I think nothing of it because I know it's Jack and I keep spacing out at the computer screen in front of me. My door flies open however, and this causing me to look up.

"Hey Sammy, did you start packing for Sam's? Your gonna be there for like five days." Jacks appears in the doorways and leans against the frame.

"I'm only packing my headphones and chargers. I have clothing over there, remember I brought almost half of them over that day." He nods and begins to exit the room.

"Yeah I know. Also I have big news and want to announce at dinner later, so Samanddadaregonnaeatwithus see you later." He speaks really quick and I feel like he said dad, but I know he wouldn't do that to me. Right?

////////////////////////////////

Thanks for reading this chapter also please remember while reading... This is fiction.