Chapter 32

ALEXIS

After the meeting was over, I had a sudden urge to do something and that something involved Hudson. He was talking to Boston about the dead wolf they had found, but my mind wasn't processing the conversation at all.

All I could think about was marking, which made my wolf very happy. She contributed different ideas as to how I could ask Hudson to mark me, but all of them included him getting naked first which I didn't understand. I didn't want to go all the way, but just having him mark me would be nice.

Although, it wasn't just about wanting him to mark me but needing him to mark me. With the way everything was playing out, we needed to be able to communicate at all times. What would happen if I was alone and something happened to me? How would I reach out to him? The only way we could communicate in such situations was if we marked each other.

Not to mention the fact that marking each other would strengthen our relationship ten times as much.

"Alexis?" 

I snapped out of my thought process and found Hudson and Boston staring at me curiously, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. Why would you think that?" I squeaked, my voice betraying my words.

Boston snorted, "Right and Alpha Breydon wears pink fuzzy socks to bed."

"Actually, they're dark blue."

I bit back a laugh when Alpha Breydon shut the door behind him once he was inside the room.

"You wear fuzzy socks to bed?" Hudson asked incredulously.

Alpha Breydon shrugged, "Yeah, you know those fuzzy socks that are on sale in Costco."

We stared at him in disbelief. 

"They come in packs of three? Only twelve dollars?" He said slowly as if we were stupid.

Boston suddenly slapped his hands together, "That's right! I got the ones with stripes."

I banged my head against the table which caught their attention, "We are all in danger because of some stupid flying lions and you guys are talking about fuzzy socks."

Alpha Breydon chuckled, "Just trying to lighten the atmosphere. I don't think we've formally met though. As you may know by now, I'm Alpha Breydon."

I reached out to shake his hand, "Alexis. You know my father,  Alpha Horris."

"Oh yes, he's a very good Alpha. I don't think I've ever seen him slack off when it comes to pack work."

Hudson cleared his throat loudly and wrapped his hand around my waist, "If you'll excuse us, Breydon. Alexis and I have some work to do."

Alpha Breydon nodded and winked at him, "No worries. Just be sure to have protection."

Hudson narrowed his eyes, "Not that kind of work and keep your horny little paws off of my sister."

"With all due respect, she's my mate. I'll only do what she wants me to do and you can't say anything."

I noticed that Hudson's nostrils flared and immediately put my hand on his chest to calm him down, "He's right, Hudson. Besides, Lucy is more than capable of taking care of herself."

He paused and glanced at me before sighing heavily, "As long as you don't do shit in front of me or do something against her consent, we'll be fine."

"Sounds good," Alpha Breydon said, although I got the feeling that he was not going to follow through with the first part of Hudson's compromise– he had a suspicious glint in his eye.