Chapter 1

I don't think I really need to write this, but for legal purposes...ugh. Alright *takes deep breath*, here goes. *lowers voice until it is almost Darth Vader-like* IFFITH YOU DARETH TO EVER ATTEMPTETH TO COPEYETH MY AWESOMESAUCE BOOKETH, I'LL HUNTETH YOU DOWNETH AND GUTTETH YOU LIKETH A FISH! ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO OWNER AND WRITER! LEGAL ACTION WILL BE TAKENETH AGAINST THOU IFFETH THOUEST EVEN TRIES!

*Chuckles darkly whilst rubbing hands together in a creepy gesture* Alright, cupcakes! Let the storytelling commence!

Cock.

Aim.

Pull the trigger.

The b*stard's lifeless body crumples to the ground.

And that, *ssholes, is how I do business. No f**king nonsense. No slackers. No cheating. No fast talking. No lying.

On their part anyways.

I got the power to kill them where they stand, they sure as hell better not mess with me. I'm River Monroe.

I don't give second chances.

Smirking coldly, I motion for the body to be taken away. My 'employees', of sorts, take him away quickly.

D*mn rats, scared of everything.

I turn my glare towards the rest of his 'posse' and sneer, "You ready to pay up now? Or do ya want to end up like your stupid *ss leader here?"

The two wimps are shaking in their shoes. Nodding quickly, the slightly taller one agrees frantically, "Yes, sir! J -just let me go g- get it!"

B*stards think I'm stupid? Huh, like hell you will. "Sure. Meet me back here tomorrow, same time."

After staring at me in shock for a minute, they scramble to get out of the alley.

Before they get too far, I shoot the tall one in the head, then the other in the back, directly on the spinal cord. Chuckling coldly, I wave at their bodies, one of them passed out, the other dead. My 'employees' take them away and I put my gun into the waistband of my jeans.

"Yo, boss," shouts one of my employees, Jordon, from behind me.

I turn to face him and my glare hardens. Jordon is holding tightly to a small teenage girl's arms as she tries to talk around his hand covering her mouth.

D*mn. A witness.

Davion, my younger brother, smirks darkly as he checks her out. Diana, Jordon's older sister, sighs sadly, drawing her gun from her waistband. Killer simply stares indifferently, showing absolutely no emotion, like always.

These people are some of the closest things I have to friends, unfortunately.

I stalk over to the young woman threateningly and hunker down to her eye level. "Who the hell do you think you are," I growl angrily. Don't get me wrong, killing is my happy place, but even I feel a bit guilty killing a small, helpless girl.

Jordon uncovers her mouth and I'm surprised to see her grinning at me. Her bright blue eyes sparkle with innocence and her long, wavy black hair has fallen a bit into her face, making her look...cute. She doesn't seem fazed at all by a large man holding onto her roughly, or by an even larger man glaring at her dangerously. "Hello! I'm Thia Oliver. How are you doing?" Her voice is silvery and melodic, sending a shiver down my spine.

What the hell is this? My frown deepens, did she just ask me how I am? I slowly reach for my gun, hesitating. Is she mentally sane? Didn't she just see me kill a few guys? Why isn't she screaming and fainting? She's definitely a strange one.

Squirming uncomfortably, she looks up at Jordon and pouts adorably, "Ouch, that hurts."

Jordon is unsure of what to do, he scowls in confusion. Narrowing my eyes at her, I growl dangerously, "What did you see?"

She stops pouting and looks back at me, "Well, I was walking home from school," she begins speaking animatedly, "And I saw the cutest squirrel eating an acorn! Its cheeks were all like this," she puffs her cheeks out before continuing, "So, I started looking for my camera in my backpack and when I found it, Mr. Franco was gone," she finishes sadly.

Mr. Franco? Where the hell did she come from? I hold out my hand and Harold passes me her camera, I go through the photos, searching for anything that could relate to us. I have to admit, she's a fairly good photographer. There are many pictures of her with a bunch of other smiling people, then others of her and what must be her friends making random poses and laughing. There are also some of nice scenery and other random things like wild animals. There was even a picture of a skull. But there isn't any pictures of us or even this alley.

I hand the camera back to Harold and turn my glare back to Thia, "How much did you see?"

Frowning slightly in confusion, she tilts her head to the side, "What are you talking about?"

I pride myself on knowing when someone is lying or pretending, and this girl seems to be telling the truth. Refusing to accept that, I glare at Jordon, "When you found her, what was she doing?"

Jordon looks really freaked out and I can't rightly blame him. He frowns deeply and says, unsure, "She was running past the back alley entrance, her camera gripped tightly in her hand. When she saw me running after her, she stopped. SHE STOPPED f**king running and WAVED at me! She is crazy!"

Thia's eyes are focused on something behind me and suddenly, a huge grin spreads across her features. She struggles against Jordon's grip, making him tighten it. Her smile fades and suddenly her attitude changes completely. Unhappy, she glares up at him. "Let go of me," she hisses angrily, "Mr. Franco is back! Let me take a picture!"

I glance over my shoulder and a squirrel is, in fact, sitting there, staring at us with bulging cheeks. I sigh in annoyance and snatch the camera from Harold, and snap a picture of the dumb *ss squirrel. "Now calm the f**k down," I growl, passing the camera off again and turning back to her.

Her smile could light a cathedral. Before I can react, she has slipped out of Jordon's grip and lunged at me. When she lands on me, I stumble a tiny bit and stand stiff as she hugs me tightly.

My gang members stare at me in shock. Needless to say, I'm not a hugger.

Her legs are wrapped tightly around my waist and her face is buried in my neck. I have never been in such an intimate position before. My heart beats wildly, taking me by surprise.

I shove her off of me and glare at her as she drops onto her *ss in shock. She looks up at me with those innocent eyes and smiles warmly at me. "Sorry," she giggles as she gets to her feet.

My heart is acting weird and something hot is spreading throughout my stomach. I'm quite certain that this unknown feeling is bad. She must be too. I pull my gun out and aim at her head, "Who sent you, b**ch?!"

She bites her lip in thought, her eyes getting a far away look, "What's a b**ch? Is it like a pitcher? And that gun looks so real. How did you get it so life-like? Are you shooting a movie? Am I in your way? I can go, my mom is expecting me for dinner anyways. Sorry again, thanks for the picture though! Nice meeting you, oh hey. I didn't get your name."

We all stare at her, dumbfounded. Who the hell is this chick?! She must be gathering intel for Joe.

But I can't seem to be able to pull the trigger. F**K! Since when did I have a f**king conscience?!

Then right as I'm about to pull the trigger, she skips joyously out of the alley and I don't stop her. None of us do. It is the best option to just let her go. She got zero intel, no use keeping her prisoner. Plus, if I ever see her again, I will not hesitate to shoot off her pretty little head.

I will not be confused twice.