Chapter Two: Lorenzo

Chapter Two:

     "Go pack your things, Mate. I will wait here for you." He didn't spare me another glance, turning away to talk with his beta.

     I couldn't help the betrayal that drove a hole into me. He paid no attention to me, his mate. I couldn't be surprised, however, and did my best to push the betrayal down. I tried to accept the fact that I was worthless to my pack and was going to be worthless at the next. He would certainly reject me and then post me as a servant. It was the only thing I was good at.

     I bowed to him in respect, my body shaking in utter fear before I scurried back into the pack house. I did not know what to grab. I didn't own anything. Should I grab my cardboard box? It might be the only bed I am allowed to have. It was gracious of Alpha Greg to gift me the box, not many Alpha's would be so kind. I made my way down to the cellar, wiping at the tears that burned against my lip that had been split open today.

      I attempted to lift the cardboard box, but it was too heavy with water damage and it was too bulky and awkward for me to hold. I sighed in defeat, trying not to let a fresh wave of pitiful tears spill. I had to move quickly so I wouldn't get in trouble and be beaten for taking too long as well.

    I  hurried up the stairs once more hoping to have enough time to grab my clothes before I had to leave. I was praying that I didn't run into anyone in my pack, since I disobeyed almost all of the rules Beta had given me, which no doubt came from Alpha Greg. If they got their hands on me I would be punished severely.

     I scooped up my stained dress and ran back out of the house to the yard where now only him, his pack, and my Alpha stood. I bowed my head to both Alphas, under a harsh scowl from mine.

    "Thank you, Greg, that is all I need from you. I will be taking my mate." The King said in an expressionless voice.

     Alpha stalked away and into the pack house. 

     The King looked at the damp heap of smelly, gross clothes in my arms, "Where are all of your things? Is that all you want to bring?"

     "My box was too heavy, sir," I spoke quietly, my head never leaving its bowed position.

     "Would you like my Beta to retrieve it with you?" He asked, sounding rich even through his voice.

     "I do not want to waste your time, sir." I dared not look into his eyes without permission.

     "Lorenzo, go help her get her box." He motioned to his beta.

     A tall, well-built man strutted up to us, bowing his head to the King. "Lead the way." He told me nonchalantly.

     "Yes, sir." I whispered, my voice almost inaudible.

     I clutched my dress tightly, leading him through the weaving intricacies of the pack house. I led him down to the basement, where all the dungeons were, and received a very confused look.

    I kept walking towards the end of the hall where the metal door to the cellar I'd been living in all of my life was. I opened the door, walking down the stairs for the first time I can remember in a long while. I was typically pushed or thrown down the stairs.

     The light coming through the door was enough to see the rotted cardboard box I'd been sleeping in. I pointed to it weakly, "There it is, sir. I couldn't pick it up, sir."

     He looked around the room as if he did not believe me. "Is that your bed? This is your room?"

     "Yes, sir." My voice trembled.