Chapter 18

"Mom?" I called cautiously walking in her room.

She was just laying in her bed and didn't answer so I looked at the doctor who mentioned me closer.

"How is she?" I asked lowly as my eyes moved to her bandaged hands.

I quickly blinked to stop myself from crying. I can't believe someone really tried to hurt my mother.

Why? Because of my relationship with the Knights?

"She is fine. The nurses should have made sure that the case was plastic. Trust me it won't happen again." The doctor said obviously upset.

Something I would have believed if I didn't receive that visit tonight.

I didn't answer, my eyes were just glued on my mother. She then looked up and her eyes met mine.

Her eyes were red and she has obviously been crying. I quickly turn away from her when I felt myself starting to cry too. I can't bear to see my mother cry.

"Well. She's all good." I heard the doctor say and I quickly wiped my tears and turned again to look at him. "I'll let you talk to your daughter now, Rose."

She didn't moved or say anything as he took his notepad.

"Victoria, you're hurt. What happened?" He asked looking the blood that was probably drying on my hand.

"Yes." I nodded lightly. "Just a little accident."

"I'll send a nurse to help you with it." He said and just left not waiting for an answer, not that I had the voice to answer anyways.

I then looked at my mom who still had her eyes on me. I cautiously moved closer to her bed and sat down facing her.

"Are you okay, mom?"

"Don't cry. Your tears burn me." She said quietly and I nodded.

"Who did this to you?"

She looked to the sides, then the window before leaning toward me. "He may be here." She whispered.

"Who?"

"The black cat."

"Mom who is the black cat?"

"He may be here. I can't say." She whispered shaking her head quickly. "He may be here." She kept repeating and I stopped asking not wanting to upset her.

****

The sun was already rising when I walked out of the hospital. I opened my bag while walking to my car and grabbed my phone.

I dailed Jason's number and started looking for my keys.

"Victoria."

"Hi. I just wanted to ask you if I could have the day off if you didn't need me there today."

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Yes. My mom had a little accident. I just stayed up all night. I'm going home right now." I simply explained and I heard him move on the other line.