Ch.4

Previously
"thank you, Hagrid. I'll take them from here"
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Sorting hat

"Welcome to Hogwarts, the start-of-term banquet will began shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses" Professor McGonagall began,"The four houses are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards." A pecking feeling bothered me I turned my head seeing Draco stare directly at me he turned his head listening to the professor,'why the heck was he staring....weirdo'

I turned back harry was talking to Ron until a familiar voice got literally everyone's attention."so it is true Harry Potter is going to hogwarts" Harry tilted his head wondering why he's talking to him,"and (y/n) (l/n) I would have expected you to be with Harry over here, this is Crabbe and Goyle" he pointed at the two guys behind him,"and I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy" seemed like the name was funny to Ron as he snigger. Draco looked at him,"think my names funny,do you? No need to ask who you are. Red hair, freckles, and a hand me down robe, you must be a Weasely" Draco glared at him turning back to Harry.

"You'll soon find out some wizarding families are much better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort, I can help you there" he stuck out his hand to him waiting for him to do the same,"I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks" he said coolly.

Draco fumed turning to me,"what about (L/n). I'd say will make great friends" I narrowed my eyes thinking what my dad told me...be friends with him or make my own friends. I was about to answer but the same professor came by tapping Draco's shoulder shooing him away.

"Form a line and follow me" the doors opened four long rows of tables stretched across the room meeting one in the middle at the end was a stool with a very old hat. The ceiling seemed like the night sky with candles floating around,"it's bewitched to look like the night sky outside. I read about it in Hogwarts, A History" Hermione whispered next to me,"that's so cool but I kinda wished you didn't tell me ruins the whole experience of wonder;but thanks" we stopped waiting to see what would happen a loud rip from the hat twitched moving around stopping and began to sing.

"Oh you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

The whole hall burst into applause as the hat finished its song. It bowed to each of the four tables and then became quite still again."when I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted" she rolled out a long parchment paper calling out the first few names Hermione was called being sent to Gryffindor,"Draco Malfoy" he swaggered forward and sat on the stool the hat barely touched his head shouting Slytherin! I spaced out to nervous to even notice that harry was called up.

I could see the nervousness in Harry's eyes as the hall was quiet with murmurs."Gryffindor!" The Gryffindor table shouted in happiness that they got harry. I noticed the small amount of students around me as McGonagall finally called me and just like harry everyone watched me sit on the stool. "(L/n) please remove that owl on your head" I realized that smoky was peacefully sleeping on my head I moved him fixing my robe. The hat was placed on my head as I looked around the room I gripped the stool." A (L/n)? Haven't sorted one in years. Hmm...brilliant mind, kind heart, ahh bravery and a cunning child too...So easy before why now? I would put you in Gryffindor" I looked at the Gryffindor table,"but you wouldn't be satisfied intelligence oh yes Ravenclaw seems like a good choice, a perfect choice....but is it right? Loyalty and talent no doubt about that maybe Hufflepuff?....or maybe Slytherin greatness and strong leadership yes it shows all over you.....Hmmmm....Where would you like to be sorted?" I don't know that's the thing all the houses have their own unique ways,"which do you think I would be satisfied Mr.Sorting hat?" I whispered for only the hat to hear "Okay then, SLYTHERIN!" The Slytherin table clapped loudly while others in the table cheered. I found an empty seat as I watched the rest get sorted,"I knew you would be sorted into Slytherin (L/n) bet you even told that old hat that you wanted to be in it" I turned my head Draco slid next to me leaning his head on his hand smirking at me."I suppose you got me there Malfoy, but I wouldn't really mind being in the other houses considering as how my whole family is from each" he raised an eyebrow inching closer to me,"who in your family is a Slytherin?""my mum" he continued to smirk introducing me to his friends. "LET THE FEAST BEGIN!"