Chapter 19

I moved lightly when I felt a tickle on my ear. I turned my head to the other side and it followed.

"Leave me alone." I groaned moving my head under the pillow.

"Wake up. It's five p.m." He continued. "We gave to go."

"I'm not going anywhere. Except back in my dreams."

I just tightened my hold on the pillow getting annoyed. I love his voice but it's really annoying me right now.

"Victoria." He said in a warning tone.

"No. I took the day off. Stop talking, my sleep is going away." I said holding the pillow tighter.

"Wake up." Jason said again before ripping my pillow from me. "My father wants to talk to you."

My eyes flew open as my sleep instantly went away. I turned my head to him so fast I thought I was going to break my neck.

He just nodded as his eyes moved back to his computer on his lap.

"Where did you get your computer?"

"Seb brought it. Not everyone has the day off." He smiled looking back at me. "And you look better than you did this morning."

"Don't expect me to thank you after you told me I looked like shit.What about your father?" I asked.

"He wants to talk to you. So you have to wake up so we can go." He explained and I just stared at him not knowing what to say.

"Because of Kevin? Why? Can't you just explain it to him."

He smiled before placing the pillow he took by my feet. "What can't you? Is my father scaring you?"

"Yes!" I said, not hesitating.

He let out a laugh as I looked at him seriously.

I really was. I wasn't trying to be funny.

"And you were also scared of me before. What happened?"

I sat up stretching my arms. "Yeah. That was before. Now you're just a big puppy with temper issues."

"Big puppy?" He shook his head. "I should fire you."

I scoffed. He won't fire me because I called him that. I said worse.

"Would you really?" I asked looking at him and his lips turned into a small smile.

"Not for that. But if you did something really worth firing? Yes. Your special treatment has limits, young lady."

I nodded agreeing.

"I know. I just want to know them. What are my limits?"

"You look better than you did this morning. Go get ready."

"Tell me."

"No." He grabbed the pillow again before hitting my legs with it. "Now go get ready."

"Go to hell." I mumbled but still got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom.

****