Chapter Fourty-Six:

Ruka (1)

I stayed with Zuko and Yue while my siblings and Aang hopped off Appa to fight Zhao.

He held the spirits in a small sack. "Don't bother." Zhao smirked, holding his fist out to the sack, ready to strike. I gasped, "No!"

"Zhao! Don't!" Aang dropped his staff and held his arms up in surrender. "It's my destiny - to destroy the moon and the Water Tribe!" Zhao said.

"Destroying the moon won't hurt just the Water Tribe. It will hurt everyone, including you." Aang explained, "Without the moon, everything would fall out of balance. You have no idea what kind of chaos that would unleash on the world." 

"He is right Zhao!" I turned my head and saw Iroh. We need more than your wisdom right now Iroh. Please help!

"General Iroh. Why am I not surprised to discover your treachery." Zhao said.

"I'm no traitor Zhao! The Fire Nation needs the moon too! We all depend on the balance! Whatever you do to that spirit, I'll unleash a new tenfold! LET IT GO NOW!"

I was taken back from Iroh just now. I've never seen him like this - it sent me chills.

Zhao obeyed Iroh, freeing the spirit back into the pond. The color around us returned to normal and I sighed in relief.

But my sense of relief was too soon. Zhao screamed out while he unleashed a stream of fire to the pond.

There now sat a grey color around us all. My eyes were wide, "You bastard!"

I saw Iroh charge for Zhao, but before he could get to him, his soldiers surrounded Iroh.

I looked down to Zuko, "Wake up! Wake up Zuko!" I shook him continuously, slapping his face from time to time.

When he opened his eyes, I slightly smiled down at him. "Zuko get up!" I helped him stand up to his feet, letting him regain consciousness.

"Zhao got away. We have to go after him!"

Zuko nodded, the two of us jumping off of Appa. "This way!" I said, running to where I last saw Zhao leave with Zuko following behind.

"There he is!" I pointed to Zhao who jumped down the the building.

Zuko shot a blast of fire in front of him to stop him from going any further. Zhao turned back to us with a shocked expression, "You're alive?!"

"You tried to have me killed!" Zuko said before he sent several blasts of fire to Zhao.

"It was him?" I said to myself. "I should've known!" I followed after the two fire benders while opening my water skin.

I placed my hands over the water skin. As I brought out water, I noticed I felt weaker when doing so.

The water from my water skin splattered onto the floor and I shook my head in dismay. "No..."

When looked up, I saw a flame of fire quickly fly toward me. I brought my hands up to my face to shield myself, letting the flame burn my skin.

I yelped in pain while bringing my hands to my chests and falling to my knees.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see an older man. "Come with me."