Chapter 6: Tied To Him

Sonias POV

I woke up feeling really sick. I took a quick shower brushed my teeth and got out of the washroom. I was currently still at Norah's house. I look at my phone to find twenty missed calls from Sam. After what I saw yesterday I will absolutely not step a foot in the house, or be anywhere near him, I won't talk to him after what he did.

I wore my sweats and a sweater. I walk downstairs to meet Norah at the table.

"Hey babe, how are you feeling?" She warmly says

"Better, I wasn't feeling well today or yesterday. I think I might have eaten something that upset my stomach" I say trying to cover why I was suddenly so emotional yesterday. I couldn't exactly tell her I'd seen my husband cheating on me.

"Are you sure, maybe you should check it out just in case" she eyes me

"I'm fine Norah" I chuckle so she'll get off my back about this. I knew she wasn't going to stop asking, she probably heard me crying last night as well.

"Sonia please don't keep it all in. It'll eat you alive. I feel like there's something up and you're not telling me. I'm here for you if you wanna talk... I'll always be there for you" she smiles then pulls me into a hug.

"I know... like I said, just an upset stomach. It hurt a lot that's why I cried" I lied.

"Oh, honey then we definitely need to go check whats wrong with you so you don't get worse then we'll go out for dinner, like old times." She sequels.

I borrowed a pair of black skinny jeans and a long sleeve shirt then wore my long coat. I didn't bother doing my hair or makeup. I just wore my ankle boots and went downstairs.

We both got into Norah's car and headed to the doctor.

We finished with the doctors earlier. The doctor said everything was fine she took a urine test just to make sure everything was fine. If anything comes up, she'd call.

Norah and I are currently at the restaurant we've already ordered our food earlier. I quickly finished up my food then headed towards the bathroom. I finished my business then walked out to find a man sitting at our table. I got closer to find the one and only Jackson Darren, future hubby to be to Norah.

Norah and Jack have been engaged for three years and in one month they'll be getting married. I'm super happy for Norah she deserves a man like Jack, he'll make a great husband like he's been an amazing fiancé. Jack is the CEO of the Darren Industries which makes him a very successful businessman so my best friend will be fine.

"Well look who it is, Jackson Darren here to take your lovely fiancé I'm guessing" I joke and he gets up to hug me.

"Well hello to you too!" He chuckles

I haven't seen him since the wedding. He came with Norah obviously but I didn't even get to say hi to anyone then.

"How have you been?" I say while we both take a seat.

"The same, in and out of the city. What about you? How's that husband of yours treating you?" He says looking at me. Ever since I've met Jackson he's been more of a brother to me. 

"Everything's great!" I lie.

"Thats good, I heard Samuels out of the city, I'm glad you're staying with Norah she's been annoying me ever since you've gotten married" He jokes and Norah swats his shoulders.

"Oh, I've missed you guys" I gush. They've always been my favourite couple wishing one day I'd have what they do. I look down at my hands, remembering what Sam and I had before he ruined it.

"Hey what's wrong?" Jack asked.

Luckily Norah quickly answered for me "She's been feeling sick lately and we went to go check up at the doctor's so she's nervous about the results" she quickly says and I look at her smiling.

"Oh don't worry it's probably nothing," he says.

We all finished dinner and now outside the restaurant. I said my goodbyes to Jack and currently in the car waiting for Norah. A couple of minutes later she gets in.

"I'm super excited for your wedding next month!" I say because I was, it was the only thing enlightening my mood.

"Me too! Tomorrow do you want to go dress shopping after I finish my meeting?" She asked and I nodded.

We reached Norah's house and walked in. "I have to wake up early for my meeting so, I'm gonna go to bed, if you need anything wake me up" She tiredly says then hugs me.

"Will do, goodnight," I say while she walks upstairs.

I walk over to the couch and lay down. Lost in my thoughts. I heard the doorbell ring and got up to go get it.

I opened the door to find Sam I tried to close it but he got in any way.

"Please Sonia listen to me I-" he pleaded before I cut him off

"I don't want to talk. Get out, Sam." I say loud enough for him here, I didn't want to wake up Norah.

"Listen you need to understand what you saw yesterday is not what you think! I love you!" He argues

"I'm not a child Sam, I know exactly what I saw!" I whisper yelled.

"I would never do such a thing, if only I could tell you but I can't. I need to protect you. I need you to trust me. I love you, Sonia." He reaches closer to touch my arms.

I move away from his touch.

"What do you mean! Trust you? You want me to trust you after what you did to me after you cheated on me! I'm sorry were we even a thing or did you play it all because of the marriage!" I yelled this time. I was furious with him, how dare he play with my heart like that.

"Sonia please just understand I'm doing this for us! I'm trying to protect you from the bad that's out there! Please just come home and we'll work this out" he approaches me again and this time my back hit the wall.

"No I will not go home with you, I want nothing to do with you. We were never a thing nor will we be" I spat.

His jaw clenched his eyes darkened. He was definitely angry by my choice of words. But so was I.

"You are coming home." He declares seriously and moves closer to me our faces inches apart.

"I said no!" I stand my ground.

"It's not up to you, it's apart of the deal remember! You stay and never leave." He eyes me.

My heart broke into a million pieces how could he say that. It was all apart of the deal his whole lie was just to get me to cooperate in this agreement. My gaze went down to my hands.

"Now get in the car we're going home." He sternly says then backs away adjusting his collared shirt.

I couldn't do or say anything because I've basically signed myself to him. I'm basically his and I'll have to stay with him. I will never forgive him for this.

I left a note for Norah letting her know everything's fine. That Sam had returned to New York and came to take me with him. Then walked to the car and got in. Can my life get any miserable?