5

L I L Y

L I L Y

It's now Tuesday, which means today's my second day of public school. I'm less nervous than I was yesterday. Only because I know what to expect.

At least I think I do.

I just hope there's not a repeat of yesterday morning.

LILY'S OUTFIT

Once i'm finished in the bathroom, I head downstairs and into the kitchen where my parents are, as usual

Once i'm finished in the bathroom, I head downstairs and into the kitchen where my parents are, as usual. A plate of breakfast is set out for me already so I head over to the table and take a seat.

"Good morning." I grin at them and start eating.

"Morning honey." Papa says, not looking away from his newspaper.

"Mason offered to pick me up and drop me off from now on, is that okay?" I ask my mom, once i'm finished eating. Her eyes widen slightly, while papa finally looks up, wearing the same expression.

"Well that's very nice. Would you like to ride with him?" She glances at him unsurely.

I quickly nod.

My mom sighs and nods her head as well. "Then of course it's okay. But if you need anything, just text me or your father, okay?" She instructs sternly.

There's a knock at the door and my eyes widen. "That's probably him. Bye momma, bye papa. Love you." I give both of them a kiss on the cheek and grab my backpack, hearing them say their goodbyes as I make my way to the door, quickly unlocking and opening it.

Mason's standing there with his hands in his front pockets. He smiles when he sees me. "Morning princess."

I smile back shyly. "Good morning."

He clears his throat. "Ready?"

I close the front door behind me and follow him to his car, thanking him when he opens the passenger side door for me.

As soon as he pulls out of the driveway, I remember what my dad told me yesterday and turn towards Mason. "My parents were wondering if you would come over for dinner Friday?"