Chapter 10: Edmund!

I was outside by a stream with my sisters. They were talking, while I sat against a tree, having a debate in my mind. I thought about my necklace and how I wanted to use it to see Edmund, but at the same time, I didn't, because whenever I did I only saw bad things. But, at the same time, no matter how bad the situation Edmund was in, it was comforting just to see him. To be absolutely positive he wasn't dead. After a few seconds of debate, I grabbed my necklace, before I could talk myself out of it.

Edmund.

Edmund was tied up against a tree, sitting down, with a gag in his mouth. The dwarf from my last two visions came up to him. "Is our little prince uncomfortable? Does he want his pillow fluffed?" The dwarf's sleeve hit Edmund in the face, and Edmund shied away from it. The dwarf walked around the tree. "Special treatment for the special boy!" The dwarf got in Edmund's face. Stay away from my brother! "Isn't that what you wanted?" The dwarf asked and then walked away. Edmund rested his head against the tree, and I could see sadness in his eyes. I miss you, brother. I truly do. I hope I get a chance to tell you that.

       I opened my eyes and I was brought back to the present. I walked up to my sisters, who were talking in front of the stream. "You look like Mum." Lucy said to Susan. "Mum hasn't had a dress like this since before the war." Susan told her, as I walked up and stood beside Lucy. "We should bring her one back. A whole trunk full!" Lucy exclaimed, happily. Susan smiled sadly at the stream. "If we ever get back." She said and Lucy and I frowned, looking at the ground. Susan noticed and turned to face us. "I'm sorry I'm like that, you two." Susan said and we looked up at her. "We used to have fun together, didn't we?" Susan reminded us. I reached back into my memories. I could only remember a few times that Susan, Lucy, and I had pure enjoyment together. I'm sure there was more, but I couldn't remember since I was only five as my memory wasn't that good, for my early years. "Yes." Lucy and I agreed. "Before you got boring." Lucy started laughing and I joined in. "Oh, really?" Susan had a mischievous smile on her face. Lucy and I laughed, nervously. Susan quickly bent down and splashed us with water from the stream. We screamed in surprise as Susan laughed, before we joined in on her laughing. We stepped into the stream and splashed her back. That started a splash war. When we were done, we were soaked and we ran out of the water. Susan, Lucy, and I were still laughing as we got out. Susan grabbed her towel from the tree, and the three of us shrieked when we saw a wolf behind it. Susan backed up, towards Lucy and I. "Please don't try and run. We're tired and we prefer to kill you quickly." The wolf said and another one appeared. Susan saw her horn a small distance away. She shouted as she threw her towel at the wolf.

A loud noise echoed through the distance as Susan blew her horn. We had managed to climb a tree, but the highest branch we could climb to, wasn't that high. We screamed as the wolves kept jumping up, trying to bite our feet, which were dangling down. Soon, Peter ran across the field and past the stream with his sword in his hand. He stopped when he got to us. He pointed the sword at the lead wolf. Man that wolf was annoying! "Peter!" I screamed, worried for my brother. The two wolves growled and barked at him as the lead wolf said. "We've already been through this before. We both know you haven't hit it in you." "Peter! Watch out!" Susan yelled, reminding him about the other wolf. They were walking in a circle, so one could attack him from behind, and the lead one could attack from the front. That plan was spoiled when Aslan  appeared with other creatures, and put his paw down on the other wolf, so that Peter would only have to deal with one. The other creatures went to help Peter, but stopped when Aslan said. "No! Stay your weapons. This is Peter's battle." Peter turned back to look at the lead wolf. "You may think you're a king, but you're going to die..." The wolf crouched down in a pouncing position. "Peter!" I screamed. "...like a dog!" The lead wolf finished and pounced on him. "NO!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, and before anyone could even move, I was down. I ran over to Peter, faster than I had ever run before in my life, and shoved the dead wolf off of him, adrenaline pumping through my veins. Peter sat up as Lucy and Susan dropped down from the tree. I attacked him in a hug, sobbing, and when Lucy and Susan came over, they hugged him tightly as well. Peter wrapped his arms around us, as I sobbed silently. I thought I had lost him. Those were the worst five seconds of my life, even worse than when I almost drowned, because I'm selfish. I am, it's true. I'd rather me die, than one of them die, so I wouldn't have to deal with the pain of the loss. And I didn't even feel guilty about it, which is even worse. I noticed Aslan lift his paw, so the wolf started running away. "After him. He'll lead you to Edmund." Aslan told Oreius and he nodded before him and the other creatures ran after the wolf. I let go of Peter as Aslan said. "Peter. Clean your sword."

       Peter kneeled in front of Aslan, his sword in front of him in his hands. Aslan put his paw on one of Peter's shoulders, and then the other. "Rise, Sir Peter Wolf's-Bane, Knight of Narnia." Aslan knighted Peter and he stood up. Peter grinned back at Susan, Lucy and I, in shock. I grinned  back at him, before we all looked at Aslan. He is such a beautiful lion.

       The next day, I woke up from my sleep and I left the tent I shared with Lucy, and Susan, them following me out. We saw Peter when we came out, and we changed his gaze from us to somewhere else. We followed his gaze. I gasped and yelled. "Edmund!" I started running towards where he and Aslan were. Peter put his arms in front of me, in attempt to stop me, but nothing was going to stop me from getting to my brother. I ducked under his arms and continued running to Edmund, a wide grin on my face. "Kat!" I faintly heard Peter yell behind me, but I just brushed it off. After a few seconds of running, I reached him, and collided with him, in a hug. I knocked him off his feet, and we both fell on the ground. I couldn't care less, though. I had my brother back! We sat up and I threw my arms around my older
brother's neck. I tightened my grip on him and held him so securely, so that he couldn't pull back, even if he wanted to. He didn't want to though, and we wrapped his arms around my back, and hugged me back, just as tightly. I buried my face in his shoulder as I cried. For the first time since we got to Narnia, I cried because of happiness and relief instead of terror and sadness. "I love you so much, Edmund." I sobbed out. "I love you too, Kat. I've missed you so much." He replied, whispering into my ear. "I've missed you too." I told him. Soon, he stood up, not loosening his grip on me, and started carrying down the hill, back to our other siblings, Aslan coming with us. Edmund set me down as Aslan began to speak. "What's done is done. There is no need to speak to Edmund about what is past." Aslan told us, before walking away. Edmund glanced up at Peter, and once he saw his face, he looked at the ground afraid to look at our other siblings. He already knew how I felt, but was worried about how our other siblings felt towards him. "Hello." He said, almost sheepishly, with a lot of nervousness in his voice. Lucy just grinned and stepped forward to hug him, he wrapped his arms around her and hugged back. A few seconds later, Susan placed her hand on his arm, and Lucy pulled back so that Susan could pull Edmund into a hug. Which she did as she laughed quietly. "Are you all right?" Susan asked, after a few seconds when she pulled away. "I'm a little tired." Edmund answered. "Get some sleep." Peter told him, nodding towards the tents. Edmund looked down at the ground as he passed Peter. "And Edmund..." Peter said, turning to face him, which made Edmund stop to look back. "...try not to wander off." Peter said with a smile. It brought a smile to Edmund face before he walked to the tent. I watched as he walked away. I'm so glad you're back.