Chapter 8

"Pinetree?!"
Bill couldn't believe what he saw this very moment. Within a second he was next to his boyfriend on the ground, holding the lifeless body in his arms. It had been long since he cried, but...
If a heart breaks even a demon will sheed tears.

And this was the case, Bills tears streamed like waterfalls down over his swollen cheeks and onto his pale Pinetree's face.
"P-Pinetree! Pinetree! C-come back...! Y-you can't leave me! Not like this!"
He kept rocking back and forth, squeezing the boy against his chest to catch the last hint of warmth he could find.
"P-Pinetree please...! O-open your eyes...! I-I am alive! W-we can be together now, forever! Y-you can't leave me now...! N-not now...! N-not now w-when I am finally able to live forever o-on earth... w-with you..."
Finally, he looked up into the sky and let out a loud cry of pain, screaming Dippers name over and over again in hope to spend a single second more with his beloved human.
But it was impossible. Dipper was dead now.
And Bill had to accept it.

This very day Bill sat in Fords laboratory, staring blankly onto the wall. He knew what was ahead of him. An eternal life on earth. Without his Pinetree he loved so dearly.
Ford sat barely two meters away, typing into his laptop. He as well had an empty gaze, the life washed completely away from both persons. Bill made sure to take care of the others and brought each of them with a snap of his fingers home, he even sat at their beds to make sure they would wake up.
And now that everybody knew what happened... The tried to forget it.

Ford started again his experiments with and on Bill, but the demon didn't care anymore. He cared about nothing.
"Show me your flames again."
Without reacting in any way Bills body lit up in his azure and cold flames, allowing Ford to examine them. There was no way to ever see his Pinetree's smile. To hear his laugh. To feel his warmth in a hug.
Never again.

Bill finally managed it. He owned a physical form in this dimension and was able to live on this small planet in this dumb universe forever. That had been his plan for years.
But now?
What was it worth in a life without Dipper?
Absolutely nothing.
A deep sigh from Fords direction pulled the demon back into the terrible reality.
"Bill..."
No reaction was received, but Ford knew he was listening now.

"Didn't you say you are... an allmighty demon?"
A small nod was the answer.
"But then... Bill, allmighty... is allmighty. Allmighty as in... bringing people... back?"
Instantly Bills eyes widened. Was there a possibility he could revive Dipper with his newly gained form?!
The demon jumped out of his seat so fast Ford almost dropped his notes. Without a word he stormed upstairs into the attic, where he had placed Dipper onto his old bed.
"P-Pinetree... I-I'll revive you and if it's the last thing I'll do...!"
He bit his lip, running in circles to think how to do it. First he had to draw his summoning wheel again. There surely was a process to reverse the ritual and give Dipper some of his energy.

With a snap of his fingers a perfect summoning wheel appeared on the ground and Bill carefully lifted Dipper up, letting the boy down on his Pinetree symbol before he jumped into the middle.
Suddenly, the door opened and Ford stepped in.
"Bill."
"Sixter."
"You... know what will happen if you do that?"
"Uhm... Pinetree will come back to life?"
"Exactly. But there is a consequence for you."
"I don't fucking care Sixter."
"At least listen."
Bill impatiently tapped his foot onto the ground, wanting to finally start. Still, he waited for Ford.
"Listen Bill... if you revive him, you will loose your immortality. You will die one day."
The demom froze for a second, then scoffed as an answer.
"Even better, Pinetree and I can die together."

Not caring any further, he spoke out his chanting words and fell onto his knees. Like before, blue glowing energy dripped out but this time made its way towards Dippers body. A glow surrounded him, brighter and brighter until not only Ford but the demon had to shield his eyes too.
Within a blink, everything was over. Bill laid panting on the ground, obviously exhausted, but as he heard a small noise he froze.
It was a yawn.
Dippers yawn.

"Ugh... Ah I slept well... How late is it?"
"PINETREE!!!!!"
If there was ever a demon squishing a human mentioned, in whatever book, Bill did it three times as hard until Dipper screamed at him to let him go.
"STOP BILL MY BONES!!"
Startled, the demon softened his grip but surely didn't want to let him go so soon. Even Ford had tears in his eyes.
"Dipper..."
"Okay guys, what happened? You act like we didn't see each other since years."
Bill swallowed nervously, but Ford already spoke up.
"Dipper, you were dead."
"WHAT?!"
Even tho he said that, memories flashed in how he tried to save Bills life. The unbearable pain and the releasing unconciousness... Had he really died?

Dipper hugged Bill close, kissing softly his lips to calm the sobbing demon down. Fortunal, it worked.
"And... P-Pinetree..."
"Yea?"
"I'm... I-I'm not immortal anymore. I will die l-like a human... but... i-if it's with you, I don't care about that."
Dipper seemed a little shocked, but to see his demon didn't care let relief wash over him. A little shaky, he got up from his spot on the ground.
"Well... Time to say hello to the others."
Bill smiled in agreement and together they walked downstairs, arm in arm, and entered the living room where the depressed family sat in pure silence.

"Why these long faces? I'm back!"
"DIPPER!!!"