Chapter 13: Kick-Ass, Mallo Cups, and, Oh Yeah...The British are Coming

A gut wrenching scream tore through Henley's throat, her eyes clenched shut, unable to open them, yet able to feel every bit of excruciating pain radiating throughout her body. Henley whimpered, as she felt a small sharp object digging around in the hole in her shoulder. Pressure on her biceps held her down, permitting her from being able to toss and turn. A guttural noise escaped Henley's mouth as she felt the bullet slowly being extracted from her shoulder. Sweat emanated around her face, trickling down her cheeks, as she struggled against the person holding her down. Why did she have to be awake for this part?

"Sam, keep her still! If she moves, this bullet could tear a tendon in her shoulder while I'm taking it out." Henley began to pant, feeling as if the room had suddenly gone up 100 degrees. She finally stopped moving as the bullet was wrenched out of her shoulder, a small groan falling past her parted lips. Henley hissed, trying to turn away as a burning sensation erupted across her wound. Sam's tight grip however prevented her from moving in any which way.

"I know it hurts sweetheart, but the bullet wound is infected and we need to sterilize it as much as possible to prevent it from becoming worse." Dean told her. Her head began to swim and it felt incredibly heavy. She could hear her father suck in a big breath of air, right as a needle was threaded through her soft sensitive skin. She began to hyperventilate, her body going into shock. She could vaguely make out a string of curse words tumbling out of Dean's mouth, as Sam put more of his weight onto her. Henley whimpered, her entire body tensing, her fear of needles, and the pain, causing her to slowly fade out into oblivion again.

The next time she awoke, she realized there was no longer a needle being threaded through her puss and dirt ridden shoulder, but her head felt as if it was on the Tea Cup ride at Disney World. Though Henley's eyes were closed, she couldn't stop the dizzying and falling sensation from bouncing throughout her mind. She clenched her eyes tight, in an attempt to rid herself of this disoriented state. When Henley regained some of her senses, she could just scarcely hear Dean rambling to himself.

"Cas, are you there? I know you've been kind of off the reserve since you ran off with that Kelly Kline chick, who by the way is carrying the child of Lucifer, in case you forgot. But, it's Henley. I know you only met her once, but she's my daughter man, and she's not doing well. She had a seizure when I was stitching her up, and her skin, jesus, it's so pale. God dammit Cas, I need you. Please...I-I won't let my babygirl die, Cas."

The sound of fluttering wings and a gust of wind filled the room. Then she heard Cas' deep monotone voice. In all honesty she was surprised he even came, considering how little she knew the angel.

"Hello Dean."

"C-Cas. I can't believe you actually came. I mean Sam and I have prayed to you hundreds of times, and you never..."

Dean sighed, and Henley could tell by his tone of voice that he was running on fumes. "You know what, that doesn't even matter right now. Can you heal her?" Henley felt the bed dip down next to her, the familiar smell of mountain air right after rain fall wafting through her nostrils.

"I can get the healing process started, but I am not capable of fully curing Henley's wounds," Cas stated. She could hear Dean let out an exasperated sigh, and felt the bed dip down on the other side, as a rougher, more calloused hand gripped her own tightly. Cas' hand splayed across her broken ribs, a burning sensation ignited throughout her rib cage, as well as her injured shoulder, causing her to tense up. After a few seconds the burning went away and all that remained was a kind of numb and gooey sensation where she was injured. Henley relaxed into the mattress, as she faded into unconsciousness once more.

When Henley regained consciousness for the second time, she noticed she was in a lot less pain than she was the previous time she awoke. Her throat felt heavy, and thick with drowsiness. She let out a small cough, groaning from the lack of lubrication on the sides of her throat. It felt as if her entire esophagus was coated in a thin layer of sandpaper. Almost instantly, both of her hands were squeezed tightly, and that's when she realized there was a person on either side of her, holding her hands. Henley squeezed her eyes tight a few times, before finally getting them to unstick, the bright light of the room she was in blinding her. She turned her head to her left, eyes settling on Sam, his large hand clasped around her own, smaller one. He shot her a relieved smile.