XXXVI.

36. ARTICLE + TEXTS

CO-STAR CURSE HITS CHRIS EVANS AND MINNIE CLAYTON ALREADY?

It's no secret that co-stars like to date in Hollywood. But it would seem that these relationships are almost always doomed from the start. It's only logical; they spend so much time in close proximity whilst filming as the whirlwind romance begins, but then they finish and leave set and the distance is something they're not entirely prepared for. This is something that we here at Holy!Wood News refer to as the co-star curse.

Captain America: Civil War co-stars Chris Evans (34) and Minnie Clayton (25) seem to be the latest couple to drift apart after finish filming just over a month ago. It would appear that following wrapping on the movie, they spent a week or so with one another in Los Angeles where Minnie resides. Yet, since then, they've barely been seen to interact.

If rumours are to be believed, then Evans left to film his new project Gifted just a week ago, and the pair haven't spent time together or even spoken to one another since. Does this spell the end for the ship that fans have affectionately named #chrinnie? It would appear that way.

We're unclear as to how long they've actually been an item for, but with how promising their blossoming relationship seemed, it does seem like a shame for them to have called it quits so early on.

And, besides, with a face like his, we don't think that Captain America himself will struggle to find someone new.

*

MINNIE
did you know that we broke up

CHRIS
whoa

CHRIS
wait

CHRIS
what

CHRIS
we did?

CHRIS
since when

CHRIS
give me five minutes to wake up, my alarm went off just as you texted I don't think I'm conscious yet

MINNIE
alrighty

CHRIS
okay so I just opened twitter and it crashed because of people tagging me in stuff

CHRIS
tf is going down

MINNIE
our ship, apparently

CHRIS
so when we hadn't met each other, we were deeply in love and getting engaged, and now that we're actually together, the press have decided we've broken up?

MINNIE
it would seem so

CHRIS
what a spectacular failure of logic

MINNIE
my publicist wants me to call her, one sec

CHRIS
uh oH

MINNIE
wants to meet me for lunch to discuss how we're gonna tackle this, she's gonna speak to your publicist, too, see if she's around

CHRIS
I'll see if my lunch break lines up at a similar time to Skype you guys, or something?

MINNIE
only if you think it's necessary, I'm sure the three of us can come up with something between us and I'll just check in with you quickly to make sure it's okay?

CHRIS
are you sure?

MINNIE
absolutely, you've got a full day of filming, I'm not gonna take away your one chance to relax in the midst of it when there's no need to

CHRIS
mkjnihbugftvyres

MINNIE
again but in a language I recognise?

CHRIS

MINNIE

MINNIE

CHRISI love liFE

CHRIS
I love liFE

MINNIE
I think love you 😩
(deleted)

MINNIE
I know rumours suck and aren't fun at all, but we're good, right?

CHRIS
more than good

MINNIE
gREAT?

CHRIS
I'd go as far as to say exCELLENT

MINNIE

AUTHOR'S NOTE: here begins part 3, it'll cover October and November 2014, meaning that at this point, we're 5 / 6 months into the story! (and these are months 2 & 3 of 'real' dating)