Coffee

The silent walk to the coffee shop was unsettling and beyond awkward. You would occasionally glance over at Terrance but he had kept his eyes glued to the ground, hands in both of his pockets. You wanted to rid this atmosphere of its scilence but had no idea where to start. What would you even say?

"Hey I took photos of you yesterday and really wanted to talk but was too nervous so I'm really glad you fell from my neighbors roof and gave me another chance?"

Ech, that conversation seemed like an unpleasant one and you wanted to avoid it at all costs. But maybe you could ask him about the photo you gave him yesterday. You opened your mouth to speak but he was one step ahead of you.

"So, I've realized that through this awkward walk I didn't even get to hear your name." He smiled, tilting his head towards you.

You chuckled, both of nervousness and his boldness to address the elephant in the room. "My name is y/n"

Hearing your name gave him much glee, his expression beamed at the sound of it, he only wished that he could hear his own name coming from your silk like voice.

"That's a beautiful name." He said, taking his hands out from his pockets and clasping then together in front of him. You gave off a slight grin at the boy's compliment.

He began to chuckle, realizing he had made a mistake, he looked over at you and asked. "Do you even like coffee?" He gave off a playful smile and didn't take his eyes off of you.

You gave another cheerful smile and nodded your head, "I grab a cup every day before I leave to work."

"Well I'm glad I can accompany you today." He beamed, starting to walk in a joyous manner, he obviously was grateful to be in your presence. The morning sun shined against his brown, autumn tinted hair and his cream colored sweater had a single salmon colored strip wrapped around it. It was a bit long for his arms giving even his sweater a cute appearance.

"Where do you work?" He asked, clearly not wanting the conversation to die back down.

You pointed past some buildings in your vicinity. "See that building? The one that has all the bright colors?" He nodded his head. "Well that's it, I work in the advertisement department for a makeup line."

He awed at it, not thinking it as cute though, but as impressive. "That's amazing!" He beamed. "I don't have a job, I don't have time to, I'm a college student and I volunteer at the library whenever I have free time." He explained

"Oh so you like books?"

"Mhm!" He cheered. "Do you have any hobbies?"

"Well I like to (Hobby) a lot"

He smiled, "maybe you could show me some time?"

"Maybe" you agreed.

But before either of you could fit more conversation into your walk you had made it to the coffee shop. You went to reach the door but Terrance couldn't see you doing something like that so he rushed to it and opened it for you, you were a bit surprised but walked in without saying anything. The morning sun entered the shop and gave it a welcoming aura. The large window in the front was to be thanked for that. The smell of coffee and various other treats gave you a reflexive smile.  You and Terrance both ordered your drinks and sat down at a table. You grabbed your coffee and took a long sip, enjoying its savory flavor. Terrence watched closely as he saw a small drop of the beverage escape your lips and run down your face. He so badly wanted to wipe it off with his finger and lick it, even better he could just lick it off your face. But instead you finished your sip and wiped it off with a napkin. He began to enjoy his drink and well and closed his eyes, enjoying the morning having coffee with the cutest girl he's ever seen. He let the warmth of the sun through the window wrap around him almost like a blanket. But his perfect moment was interrupted when you shook him. He looked over at you and you gave another smile.

"I have to leave for work, it was really nice talking to you though..."

He was so upset at the news that he didn't even get to hear the rest of her sentence. But you shook him again.

"Hello? Your phone number?" You chuckled.

His eyes beamed once again as he quickly reached for a pen. He jolted his head in every direction hoping to find one somewhere but you had grabbed one from your bad already and he diverted his eyes in embarrassment, but still grabbing the pen. He wrote down his number on a napkin and handed both the pen and napkin back to you.

"Thanks." You chuckled again, "I hope we can talk again" you waved goodbye and left for the door. But he still sat there, he wanted to stop you realizing he never got your number but instead he sat there, having faith that you would call, besides now he knew where you lived and where you worked.