Chapter 26

When you woke up, you were lying on your stomach. You tried to get up, but you felt severe stinging and collapsed on the bed. You remember why you were like this. You were brought back to Arte and now was like this for your attempt. It would take days of treatment and bed rest to be even able to sit up properly.

You didn't cry though. You felt stupid if you did. Your tears weren't going to change anything. It wouldn't spark some pity in anyone. You gave up. Since you failed in escaping, no doubt there would be guards right outside. You would probably will be monitored constantly and won't be let outside. You close your eyes and try to allow sleep to claim you.

Esther had heard Arte screaming for a doctor. She saw him running down the halls with a body. When she realized it was you, she covered her mouth in shock. She knew of Arte's tendencies but she never expected him to do such things to you. She started writing to Cedric once more explaining you had been caught. 

Arte had finished his work and was heading on over to the room you were in. It has been two days since the incident and you didn't wake up yet. He walked inside and saw your sleeping figure and just stared. The bandages were wrapped tightly around you. In a corner of the room was a garbage bin and inside were your clothes. Blood covered the back of it and there were tears all over.

He remembers your screams and cries. You never begged for mercy though. Whether or not it was because of pride or too painful talk, he didn't know. He wanted you to wake up. He wanted to apologize for letting anger get the better of him. He was going to do better he promised himself. As he sits down next to you, he sees your eyes lids twitch a little. When you open your eyes, he is grateful but for only a moment.

Your eyes were much more lively and had emotions. Now they were just blank. They looked like the eyes of people he's killed; a devoid of life.

You saw Arte and just stared. You felt a jumble of emotions but your face never showed them. This continues on for a bit before he speaks out.

"F/n. I am so sorry. I didn't mean for you to end up in this state." You just stare at Arte. "I promise this won't happen again. I won't harm you like this again." He grasps your hand and you flinch. Because of it, you shifted your back causing you to hiss in pain. Arte calls for a doctor. A female one comes in and politely asks Arte to leave so she may change the bandages. He does. With the help of a few assistants, they helps you up and remove the bandages. They put salve on your wound and you start crying as it feels painful. Soon new bandages are put and you lie back down.

You see one of the assistants dispose of the bandages covered in blood. When they leave Arte comes back and is about to touch you but pulls his hand back.

"You aren't ready for me yet." You just stare at Arte. The pain in his eyes are evident. "I am sorry." he says before walking out leaving you alone.

Weeks passed and Cedric had finally gotten the letter. He pushes a hand through his hair as he read the letter.

"Something bad has happened?" Arity says. Cedric turns to her and gives her a tight hug. He then explains the content of the letter.

"F/n got caught and was brought back to Arte. She is also unconscious right now. Esther told me it was because of him."

"Is F/n alright?" Arity asks with tears coming out.

"I don't know dear." he says hugging her.