Chapter 1

If you've read the imagines, this will be really similar but I have changed several parts to fit the story better

Y/N'S POV

I leaned back onto my bed with a sigh, bored out of my mind. Even though my best friend was here, we weren't doing anything except merely hanging out in my room. It seemed like there was nothing to do except talk. Don't get me wrong I loved talking with Lauren about anything and everything but I wished it didn't have to be about our freshman year of high school which was coming up in less than a week. Lauren and I had been best friends since forever, we grew up side by side, literally. We lived next door from each other and our rooms were right across from the other. Our parents were close as well, so even in diapers we were practically forced to hang out. Not that I minded, at all.

Eventually I had grown to gain feelings for my green eyed best friend. I was in love with her from what little I even knew about love. I had nothing to compare it to, but I knew it was something more than just affection. I was too scared to tell Lauren, worried that it would ruin our friendship, so I kept it to myself. It wasn't easy at all but it was a sacrifice I had to make to save our friendship. I hoped one day I would grow the balls to tell her but for now I knew I would have to keep it a secret. No one else knew, not even my parents. I wasn't too close with my parents anymore but there was nothing I could do for that one. I just dealt with it. Lauren had knocked me out of my daze by jumping on the bed and laying down next to me. She was on her stomach whereas I was on my back. She threw her arm over my stomach and leaned her head on my shoulder.

Lauren was a naturally touchy person, so I didn't blame myself for falling for her when she was practically hanging off of me most of the time. I loved every second of it, and I was in no way complaining one bit. My awkward self just didn't know how to really reciprocate without seeming too creepy about it so I let her take control of that whole aspect. "Are you ready for school?" Lauren asked quietly. I looked down to see that she had a small smile on her face while she picked at my shirt. I snorted lightly, rolling my eyes even though she couldn't see me.

"Not at all." I muttered as I watched her hand play with my shirt. "We only have like two classes together and I don't know anyone in any of my other ones. I'm not going to have any friends besides you and I don't want to make new ones because I pretty much hate everyone our age." I sighed. Lauren giggled at my words and my heart fluttered at the sound. I couldn't help the smile that took over my face. "What about you though? Are you excited?"

"Probably not as much as I should be." Lauren let out a puff of breath. "I know it's stupid to think about but it kind of sucks knowing that I haven't even had my first kiss yet. I thought I'd find someone to be with already but there's so many assholes in this city that I don't want anything to do with any of them. I don't want to be inexperienced when I find the one. I'm just- it sucks that I have to wait. I want some knowledge on all that stuff at least." Lauren whined as she rolled onto her back next to me. I rose my eyebrow at her words.

"That's what you're worried about?" I asked quietly. Lauren nodded her head with her eyes closed, her arm covering her eyes. I looked up at the ceiling, hurt that I wasn't the one for her. I didn't expect to be but hearing it from her felt like my heart was being crushed. I knew this would have been my only chance to experience being with Lauren even though she wanted nothing to do with me. I had to do this for myself. "We could... We could do it together." I suggested in a mumble. Lauren removed her arm and opened her eyes to look down at me. I avoided her gaze and played with my shirt.

"What?" She asked after what seemed like several minutes of silence. I didn't know if she just didn't hear me or if she was surprised I suggested it. I reiterated what I had said but I only got the same question in response. Finally I said it loud and clear, the surprise on Lauren's face almost disheartening. "You mean sleep together?" She asked. I nodded my head shamefully but eventually the raven haired girl shrugged her shoulders. "Okay." She said. I looked up in surprise.