say it first

OBVS BASED OFF OF SAM SMITHS SONG SAY IT FIRST

raphael wasn't very obvious with his feelings towards simon. sure there would be times where he got jealous if someone else made a move on simon but other than that he wasn't very affectionate. for simon this was ruining things. he hated it. he needed clarification from his boyfriend how he felt. sometimes raphael could be as cold as his skin was and for simon he couldn't handle it much more.

the three letter word was something that meant so much to simon, he liked to believe raphael loved him but he had never actually said it, simon however would say it to anyone and everyone, however to raphael he hadnt said it either. he was scared, after having loved clary for so long and the feelings not being reciprocated he was scared. so fucking scared to be quite frank. he needed raphael to say it first. he needed to hear him say those words.

so when raphael did finally say it, simon was beyond happy. it felt as though his non beating heart had been jump started back into life.

they had been led in bed, nothing extravagant just led in bed as the sun started to rise behind the curtains, simon's head was on raphaels chest as raphael held his wrist across his chest, his other hand stroking up and down simons back as simon hummed a mundane song raphael clearly didnt know.
'i love when you sing' raphael had croaked out. simon chuckled 'i wasn't quite singing'. this caused raphael to smile, squeezing simons wrist playfully 'you know what i mean' he had said. simon moved his head to look to raphael, 'im mot sure i do, please do elaborate' simon had said with a teasing smile, his eyes shimmering in the light, the hue of the sun enveloping his skin, showering his hair in golden streaks.

raphaels hand faulted and simon's smile dropped from his face, worried he'd said the wrong thing as his boyfriend just stared back at him, his eyes wide, staring so far into simon he had never felt more naked and stripped down.

'i love you'

raphael had whispered cupping simons cheek, brushing the skin, the slight scrape of stubble pricking him and in that moment as love poured into simons eyes like a hurricane he had never felt more in love. he physically felt his chest tighten as he stared at the man who he wanted to spend eternity with.

'w-what? y-you love me?' simon has stuttered back. raphael chuckled 'of course i do. more than anyone and anything. i love you beyond words simon lewis' his eyes never once leaving simons, praying he believed him and silently begging that he could see the adoration he felt for the man in his eyes.

'i love you too' simon answered, his voice clear with assertiveness. raphael smiled blindingly at him, kissing him softly, pulling simon as close as physically possible.

from that day on simon never felt like he was unsure of raphael or his love.