Chapter Twenty

My hands were gripped tightly around his neck, he begged for remorse but my eyes were black as night. I could see my veins popping out as I dropped him to the floor. He wasn't breathing, and the constant beating of his heart was no longer heard. He was dead.

-

I sat up in bed, gasping for air. My body was drenched with sweat as I search the room helplessly. "Sam?" Spoke a gentle voice.

I looked down at Isabel and smiled sadly. "I had a bad dream." I announced, pulling off my shirt and wiping away any loose liquid.

"What was it about?" She cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Just the one about my mum again," I sighed. I hated lying, but what would she think if I told her I mentally murdered her dad?

She brought her arms up to my neck and tugged at my bed hair. I smiled sheepishly, dipping down and giving her a quick peck on the lips. "Let's get some sleep," I croaked. She pulled her body up against mine and rested against my chest. For some reason I didn't think I could sleep again, I didn't want to shut my eyes; but as I lay awake, my eyes fell heavier until I couldn't fight it anymore.

-

~ Izzy's P.O.V ~

"I'm so excited," I laughed. I tugged my shirt over my head quickly, attempting to avoid Sam's eyes; to my regret, I'm met with his rosy cheeks and cocked eyebrow.

"Take it off," he pouts.

"No!" I protest as he encircles me in his arms. His lips press against my neck and I scramble below his weight. "We're going to the beach! Don't make us late." I cry out.

"I'm sure Delilah and Harry won't mind us being late." He smirks down at me.

"'I'd mind."

He turns us around so I'm top, straddling his hips as I squirm. "Don't move around so much," he teases, holding me down by my waist. "Thought you didn't want to be late."

I scowl at him, trying to keep still as the anticipation builds in my body. I trail my hand down his chest and bring my lips to his, in one swift move, his arms droop down and I pull away, leaping for the door.

"You're such a tease," he barks. I laugh internally, trying to muffle them as much as possible.

"Let's go!" I yell cheerfully as I stumble out the door. I kiss my mum and Sam's dad goodbye; we were going until Saturday seeing as it's half term. A whole week in his dad's beach house.

It must have been an hour since we left the house, and for once we were silent. I kept peering up at Sam; his hands gripped tightly around the wheel as he frowned into the distance. "Let it go," I whispered.

"Let what go," he began, frowning at me for a mere second.

"Turn my back and slam the door," I sang as I plugged my phone into the USB.

"Oh god no, not again!"

"Stop acting like you don't love the film." I laughed.

"I won't admit it!" He scowls.

"Alright grumpy, a little bit of feminine is attractive."

His lips part as he glances at me again. He let out a low puff of air and frowned. "Isabel, are you telling me I'm not attractive?"

I smile up at him and turn to look out the window. We're only ten minutes away from the house now; the roads are quiet for a change. The beach is padded wet with small puddles and rain raging down, as waves crash up the beach like boulders. I let out a sigh and drag my hand through my hair, knotting it in between my fingers.

"I can't stop thinking about last night," I admit, keeping my eyes on the dull view. "I don't want to disappoint my grandma by never talking again."

"You don't have to, you can meet up. I'm sure she'll like that - the two of you shopping. Unless you want me to come along." Sam laughs sadly. "Your grandma can be a part of your life without your dad getting involved."

I sigh again. Why was it so difficult to be happy? I thought to myself.

"I don't want you near that man, ever." Sam finally pulled into a tight road, pressing a small button on his set of keys. The pitch black gate swung open gracefully, my eyes filling with astonishment.

"Wow, when your dad said beach house..." I began. "Did he mean mansion?"

"We used to live here." Sam laughed. "It was nice, but you never know who your real friends are when it comes to being rich."

"Why did you move?"

He shrugged. "My dad got a job an hour away, where we live now." I stared up at the house as I opened the car door. "We kept this for summer and holidays. We've only just showed you guys it because my dad's afraid of 'gold diggers' or something." He let out a small chuckle and brought his arms around my waist.

"Don't," I laughed. "Ever since I kissed you, our friends think we're you know..." I trail off.

"But we are," he pouted.

"It's illegal, you're my teacher. If anyone caught us and told others..." I bit my lip.

"Don't do that," he frowned.

"What?"

He pointed at my mouth and I smiled widely. I knew it was a turn on, but I didn't know it affected him that quickly. "We'll have to do stuff before they get here if you don't stop." He smirked.

I gulped, shaking my head. "Tough luck." He brought his lips to mine and moved slowly, I wrapped my arms around his neck and his hands snook down to my backside. I yelped out, providing him unnecessary access. As his tongue began exploring my mouth, I heard a voice I wish wasn't there.

Delilah gasped, staring at us blankly. "You two." She pointed her finger. I gaped in horror as my best friend came forward and brought her hand to my own cheek. I whined in pain which caused same to grab Delilah's next attacking hand. "You lied! You said you kissed him because he wasn't listening and you needed to tell him something important!" She yelled. "I just saw you kissing him again. What else have you lied about?"

"Delilah, I-"

"No. Save it. Best friends don't lie! Didn't you trust me?"

I groaned, grabbing hold of her wrist and yanking her towards me. "I'm sorry but I didn't think I should tell anyone."

"Let go." She hissed as she yanked her arm free. I sighed, staring at her as she took the keys from sam and ran off towards the house.

"What did we miss?" Harry cocked an eyebrow.

"Girl trouble," I smiled sadly, before running off after her.