Chapter 33

Varun's POV:
Kiara was right, I couldn't be without her and she without me. Having her in my arms, it felt as if I was home. As if this is where I belonged from the start, and I couldn't be happier to return to it. I could feel the tears falling from her cheeks and I'm sure they were out of happiness. She missed me as much as I missed her, maybe even more. Now, nothing or no one can come between us and I'll make sure of it. I'll be the one to keep her happy forever and won't let a tear come from her beautiful eyes.

Pulling away from the hug, I cup her face and wipe her tears using my thumbs. Placing my lips upon her forehead, I sense her relaxing against my touch. I make infinite promises to her to never leave her, or break her heart and she promises to do the same. Days pass us by where she either spends the night at the hotel with me, or I spend it with her at her apartment. We were always together since the day she confessed how she felt for me.

Today, I was asking her to officially be my girlfriend. I never got to ask her when we were in India, I did promise her and today I am going to complete my promise. She has no idea though, she thinks that we're just going for a regular dinner. Having picked her up, she sits in the passenger seat beside me. She wears a summery floral dress that stops below her knees, and her beautiful medium length tresses are slightly curled that falls below her shoulders.

"You look beautiful tonight." I say kissing her cheek making her blush.

"Thank you." She smiles. "You look handsome too." She adds. I wore a plain white t-shirt with a black blazer and black jeans. I had to look fancy, we were going to a fancy, classy restaurant and plus I was asking her to be my girlfriend.

"How was shooting?" She asks turning on the radio.

"It was good, we probably only have 5 more days of the New York schedule left before we conclude with a song shoot and thats a wrap." I say and I notice how her smile slowly drops hearing the wrap of the New York schedule for my movie.

"I didn't think you would be leaving so soon." She says.

"I could always stay here a few more days before we start shooting back in India, or here's a crazy idea. Maybe you should come home with me." I say looking over at her as I drive.

"I think I'll stay here in New York." She says which I don't protest. I know how much she loves New York but I also know how much she misses her family which is why I want her to come home with me. We'd see them together and hopefully finally get blessings from her father.

"Sounds fine with me. You'll come for my premiere though right?" I ask her.

"I didn't know you're having a movie release soon." She says.

"I mean it was a movie that I already shot for but the release date kept clashing with other important dates so we had to push it back." I explain and she nods.

"Sure why not?" She smiles.

I park in the spot that is for valet parking and I come out of the car before heading over to Shraddha's side and open the door her. She smiles and closes it behind her. I place my hand on her lower back guiding her in front of me to the restaurant. Perks of knowing the owner, I managed to get us a private table by the riverside view. The waiter guides us to our table and I thanked him. He then leaves and I pull out Shraddha's chair and she smiles once more before sitting.

"You are turning into a gentleman, what's the special occasion?" She knows me too well.

"I don't have any special occasion to be a gentleman for my lady." I say looking at the menu.

"I think I am going to try the Kung Pao Chicken with noodles and mixed vegetables on the side." She says.

"You are aware it's spicy right?" I asked.