Eighty Three

Amelia Adams

He walks down the steps with me on his back. My arms stay wrapped around his neck and I rest my chin on his shoulder. His hands hold my thighs that are wrapped around his body as he carries me downstairs.

He's been taking this thing really seriously. Of course I was in discomfort from the aftermath of last night but I'm sure I could walk to the kitchen- I'm just a little weak and sore.

"You don't need to carry me Harry, I'm quite capable." I chuckle as he carries me to the kitchen.

"I know." He snickers while we walk into the kitchen. We walk in and he back up to drop me on the counter top, causing me to release my from him.

He turns around and stand between my open legs, leaning in to peck my lips while placing his hands on my thighs.

"So I was thinking sandwiches." He says before turning to the refrigerator.

"Sounds good." I agree and smile as he pulls stuff off he shelves.

"Did you take your mess yet today?" I ask while opening the medicine cupboard next to my head.

"No, can you take them out of the cabinet please? " He asks while his back still faces me. I grab the transparent orange pill bottle and open it up, taking out one of the big pills and screwing back the bottle.

He walks by me, tossing down a bunch of sandwich ingredients on the counter next to where I sit.

He sees the pill in my hand and opens his mouth, to occupied with getting the lunch ready to grab it from my hands. I place the tablet in his tongue before he closes his mouth and swallows it dry.

"God how can you swallow pills without water?" I shake my head at the thought. It would just get stuck in my throat if I didn't have something to wash it down.

"I've been taking these everyday since I was a teenager- I'm used to it by now." He snickers while taking out the bread from the bread box.

"Was it hard to take these everyday at first? I would forget all the time." I ask while my legs dangle over the counter top.

"A little yeah." He while taking out the bread from the bag. "But I knew that I would die if I didn't start taking them regularly." He adds.

"It must've been scary to be told as a teenager that you can die if you don't take these pills all the time." I frown slightly while his eyes stay on the arrangement of food in front of him.

He shrugs and shakes his head, disagreeing with my statement.

"Not really, I don't think I cared if I died. The only reason I started taking those pills was because of Elizabeth- I didn't want to leave her." He explains like it means nothing.

"Oh," I murmur, looking at him nod while buttering the bread with the knife. "You tried to take care of yourself so you could stay around for her sake.. but then she ended up leaving you instead." My voice trails off as I tiptoe in sensitive personal territory.

He freezes a moment, but eventually keeps buttering the pieces of bread.

"Yeah, she did." His voices goes to a quiet mumble, barely audible for me to hear.