Chapter 15 - Moving in with Siddharth

As we leave the airport, my mind fills with the words that Siddharth spoke. 

He mentioned that he wanted to get rid of me. What was that supposed to mean? Did it mean divorce? Because if it did, then the dignity of my family would be tarnished.Although I know my family loves me, I can't deny the truth. A divorcee has no place in this world. I used to belong to my family, but know I have been handed over to Siddharth, my so called husband. If he divorced me, who would I have? It would be a shame for my parents to welcome me back to their homes. Society would judge them, and make ill remarks about our family. It would be even worse for Esly, my little sister. Nobody would want to marry the sister of a divorcee. 

Before I knew it, tears sprung in my eyes. The thoughts of me being a burden to my family was too much to handle. 

'Stop Crying' I think to myself

I keep telling myself to be strong. To be strong like my mother, who had gone through all kinds of hardships,yet remained a strong role model for her children. But I couldn't. I was a naturally emotional person. Although I mostly try to remain strong, when it comes to tears, I was as weak as a newborn baby.

To my side, I could hear Siddharth snigger. He liked seeing me cry. He enjoyed seeing me sad. Each tear that fell of my cheeks was a sign of victory for him. He strived to make me suffer, and he had achieved that

I struggle to wipe the last tears off my cheeks. My eyes were like a river, which had just splurged out all its water until there was none left.

In a matter of minutes, we arrive to Siddharth's house. He parks his car in his massive garage. As I get out of the car, I aimlessly gaze at his house. It wasn't a house, it was a mansion. A beige mansion, covered in bricks, with squeeky clean windows, pink draped curtains and luxury furniture. As I walk further into the home, I am breathless. Never had I been into such a modern and luxurious home. It was like the homes I see of celebrities. Every inch of his home was perfection. You could not spot a single speck of dust. The fancy couch was perfectly aligned to the 70 inch smart tv, which nestled itself by the crisp fireplace. The home was covered in beautiful ornaments and modern paintings. The home was air conditioned to perfection. If I were to describe every detail about this palace, I would take all day. 

Siddharth catches me gazing at his house, and rudely clicks his fingers. 

"Hello? This isn't some architectural show. Hurry up and make me dinner " He snaps heading upstairs. 

So now I was his maid?

Not wanting to argue with that monster of a man, I head to the kitchen to make him dinner. His kitchen was the size of my whole living room + room back in India. I look through the pantry, fridge and cupboards to get myself familiar with this place. Knowing Siddharth, I know I will be the one doing all the cooking. He wasn't the type of guy to help his wife with household chores. 

Siddharth's kitchen was kind of confusing to get used to, mainly due to it's large size. However, I found my way through and prepared some rice and sambar, with payasam for dessert. Just as I finish up, the beast walks into the kitchen. He has changed from his professional attire, and is now wearing  a lime green top paired with simple blue pants. 

"Have you finished?" He snaps

"Y-Yes, I am almost done. Just hold on" I say getting the plates out

"Jeez woman. How long does it take to cook dinner?" He scolds making a spot on the dining table

I feel tempted to snap back at him. I mean, who was he to speak so recklessly like that. But I contained myself. I will gain nothing by talking back to him, it will only give him more reasons to torture me.