Chapter Twenty Three: Just Kiss Her!

Previously:

"So, I'm going out." He said to Amy. "If I hang about the house all the time, himupstairs might get suspicious and notice me."

"Yeah, football. All outdoorsy." He grinned at Emily, a faint red tint lighting up her cheeks as she pretended that he had no effect on her by rolling her eyes."And yes, Emily is here. Now, football's the one with the sticks, isn't it?"

Chapter Twenty-Three: Just Kiss Her!

[Park]

"What are you actually called?" Craig asked the Timelord on the way to the pitch. "What's your proper name?"

He shrugged, laying his arm around Emily's shoulder and tugging her a tad closer. "Just call me the Doctor."

"Yeah." Sophie agreed.

"I can't go up to these guys and say hey, this is my new flat mate, he's called the Doctor." Craig complained with a small disbelieving smile, not really bothered.

"Why not?"

"Because, people think it's weird." Emily told him as they got to the pitch, shrugging his arm off her shoulder to stand next to Sophie, immediately missing its warmth.

The Doctor pouted at her playfully, reluctantly bringing his attention to Craigs approaching team mate.

"All right, Craig. Soph." The guy said, doing a manly man-shake with Craig and nodding a respectful head at the Doctor. "All right, mate."

"Hello, I'm Craig's new flat mate. I'm called the Doctor."

Emily cringed as He attempted to air kiss Sean, which was all together not well received.

"All right, Doctor. I'm Sean. So, where are you strongest?"

"Arms."

"No, he means what position on the field."

"Not sure. The front? The side? Below."

"Are youany good though?"

The Doctor span the ball on his fingertips.

"Let's find out!" He said, kicking the ball and heading out to the field with a wink at Emily.

She glared at him, refusing to acknowledge her burning cheeks.

Why ever did I fall in love with this man?

Her eyes widened.

She did not jus think that.

•|•

As the team played, it became clear to Emily that the Doctor was the biggest show off in the universe. Of course, it was a fact she already knew, but just seeing the Doctor take over the field, intercepting passes to other players and scoring goals, really made it sink in.

It didn't help that Sophie was continuously cheering him onfrom the sidelines.

"Yeah, we're going to win." She excitedly shouted in Emily's ear.