25 | Freaked Out

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

^^ btw this is a previous a/n so don't start wishing me lmao. my birthday is on the 29th of november.

also i realized i hadn't updated in a long time so I'M SO SORRY. my life is a disorganized, shitty mess right now so please bear with my sad self and my sad self's sad writing.

|

It felt weird, finally having Taehyung as your boyfriend.

At first, it had been too much of a shock for you to be able to filter out your own feelings. When your mind had finally regained its senses, the emotion had been indescribable—sunshine and bubbles and the smell of slightly wet grass. Yes, the analogy is weird, but that's what it had felt like. All your Tumblr dreams come true.

Which meant you were also a little scared.

The whole dating thing had started off as a project, leaning more towards instinct than emotion, and according to Jimin's multiple concerned warnings, Taehyung was going to dump you in less than a month.

But then, you had realized with a break in your thoughts, he hadn't exactly had any proof to back him up, which meant that you were going to go with the flow as long as you didn't see any warning bells sounding in the air whenever your boyfriend leaned in to kiss you.

Boyfriend. A wide, uncontrollable smile pulled up the corners of your mouth at that, and you bit the inside of your cheeks to keep it from taking up residence on more than half of your already red face.

"It'll be fine, Y/N," Taehyung muttered from next to you, and you jolted in surprise, having all but forgotten that he was next to you.

"I just..." You laughed nervously, letting go of his arm. "I haven't ever done this before, and I'm just a little..."

Freaked out.

You didn't say that out loud though, not wanting to come off as a weakling who was as bad at faking confidence as she was at having it.

Taehyung didn't say anything, simply wrapping his arm around your shoulder and giving you a reassuring squeeze. "But that doesn't matter. What's important is that I chose you."

Your heart fluttered, still amazed by his ability to be so smooth and comforting with a single sentence. "Are you saying that what I feel doesn't matter?"

His smile widened, fitting snugly into its usual rectangular shape, the warmth of it making you feel as if you were sitting in front of a fireplace—which was a comforting thought despite the bucket loads of sweat pooling under your armpits because of the humidity.

"No, I'm saying that it being your first time or your twenty-third doesn't matter as long as you're comfortable being with someone. I hope you're comfortable with me."

At his words, your jaw dropped just slightly in awe of the way he had painted his words in a different light at your reaction. Yes, he was amazing with words, which could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on what he chose to do with his ability.

You scoffed softly at your thoughts and turned in the direction of the hallway, taking a step only to find yourself barely escaping tripping into a trashcan.

Taehyung caught you just in time, his hands cupping your elbows in a gesture that was formal despite your relationship. Again, your stomach coiled, and you shot him a grateful smile before frowning down at your shoes.

"Shit, my laces are untied," you muttered, kneeling to tie the laces of your red converse. You didn't notice the student leaning against the wall next to you, until you got up and found yourself face to face with her.

Startled, you almost ended up falling again, but managed to regain your balance, blushing and muttering an apology as the girl watched you with an unnervingly emotionless gaze.

It wasn't just the gaze that caught your attention, though.

It was also the hair—choppy and short, as if she had cut it herself, slightly longer than Taehyung's, dyed a paling gray at the ends. The roots were fresh and black, telling you that her hair had been colored that way for a while now. Multiple earrings dangled from her ears, piercings littering her cartilage and earlobes, glimmering silver as they caught the sunlight.

Her clothes were frayed, dark and denim and sprayed neon, and she smelled like smoke and fresh paint. A tattoo peeked from the neck of her t-shirt, black ink swirling up the side of her neck, going towards the nape to form a pattern you, for some reason, desperately wanted to see.

You had seen her before, somewhere, but you just couldn't pinpoint where exactly that had been.

Her eyes were sharper than the metal. They flickered to your boyfriend, and you stepped back, but they were on your again when you blinked, the movement so fast that you wondered if you had just imagined her looking at you.

The corner of her lips twitched.

You yelped under your breath, ignoring the way her eyes roamed your features before turning on your heel once again. Taehyung was looking at you quizzically, and you offered him a half-assed smile of reassurance before continuing your walk down the hallway.

You avoided his eyes when he tried to look at you, a little embarrassed by the fact that you had been afraid of someone just because they had looked at you. This made you miss the tinge of fear in Taehyung's own eyes, but even if you had seen it, you wouldn't have been able to guess what had made that fear come up to the surface.

Maybe if you had paid more attention, you would have realized that it had been present in his eyes just after the girl with the tattoo had looked him in the eye.

But then, that was the fact.

You hadn't paid enough attention.

||

another old author's note coming up—and since a lot of you have been asking me this question recently, yes, this is a rewritten version of the old book. and no, you can't get the old one back. don't worry, this one is far better.

i'll try to update twice this weekend to make up for the lack of chapters !! also this was kind of a filler (but an important one) so yeah :'')

(warning: self-promo. if you guys like mafia and multi, check out Rush because it's a completed book. thanks.)

old a/n: (i was a kid okay)

I have no words.

5.6K reads? #933 in Fanfiction? And on my damned birthday?

I cannot thank you enough.

No words can ever describe how grateful I am to you, how much I care about you. You mean everything to me, and beieve me when I say I wouldn't trade you for the world.

Do you know how much I love you?

And don't ever feel down, or bad about yourself, or never think that you're not pretty enough, not smart enough, not skinny enough, or not strong enough, because you. Are. Perfect. To. Me.

And you are my world.

So get enough sleep, and don't miss any meals, and make sure to bundle up nice so that you don't get a cold, okay, love? Because you matter to me. Because I love you.

Love,
Manx.