♤45

Kook's grip around my body loosened and I turned around to face the boy before leaning in to peck his lips.

"You're mine.." He repeated, pulling me even closer.

"Always" I mumbled, basking in the aftermath for a few seconds before he let me go.

"I think we should call them in" he bit his lip.

I nodded quickly before proceeding to get dressed. My eyes were stuck on Jungkook, watching him closely as we both got dressed. I looked for signs of dizziness, tremors or anything thats odd. He was supposed to die and I hoped with all my being that he wouldn't.

Once both of us were clothed completely, I smoothened the sheets before rushing to the door and swinging it open.

"Done?" The curly haired girl questioned and I nodded immediately. Taehyung wasn't with her anymore and she reached out to tug at my collar to inspect the mark Jungkook had just given.

"Very good" She smirked and I had to bite the insides of my cheek to stop myself from giving a positive reaction considering the events at hand.

"How's he?" She asked walking past me, into the room. Two nurses followed after her and I stared at the new faces for a brief second before snapping out.

"He's fin- Jungkook!" I almost ran to him as he sat on the bed, the whites in his eyes were now a shade of light blue. I could trace the veins on his skin which were turning a shade of dark purple. His nail beds were cyanosed and my hands trembled in fear when I placed it onto his arm, only to find him as cold as ever.

His signature warmth was gone. Wolves are known to be hot skinned but Kook's temperature had dropped beyond that of a human or any other creature.

"Jungkook!" I called again, as his eyes were falling close bit by bit.

"Did he touch the tattoo on your lower back when he marked you?" the girl asked seriously as she moved around the room all by herself, her scarf and sweater gone, mask and gloves in place instead.

How did she even know about my tattoo? "No" I answered.

"Shit!" She cursed, her eyes locking with mine for a millisecond and my mouth went dry.

"What happ-"

"make him touch it!" She yelled, and I quickly grabbed Jungkook's hand before lifting my shirt up to expose the mark and place the palm of his hand against it.

The moment his hand pressed against the Crescent on my skin, his back arched off the bed and his eyes flew open for a mere second before he collapsed completely.

Jungkook was now colder than a block of ice. I dropped his arm and reached out to check his breathing. When I placed my forefinger above his lips, I did not feel his breath hit my skin. I checked for his pulse next, pressed my hand against his neck and chest to check for some sign that he was still there but everything was negative.

The girl approached Jungkook with a torch in her hand and pulled his eye lid up to reveal his eye ball. She threw the light into his eye and looked for a reflex which never came. He was gone completely.

"He's dead" She muttered, tossing the torch away, "Don't panic".

"Away from the patient" one of the nurses spoke and I stepped away involuntarily. Was he a patient now?

I didn't know what to think or do at the moment. I felt helpless. I was helpless. I had absolutely no knowledge about how I could bring someone back from the dead, be it supernatural or scientific.

"Ventilation" the dark skinned girl stated and one of the nurses obeyed by placing a ventilator onto Jungkook's mouth and nose, supplying oxygen.

His chest didn't rise and fall, which meant he wasn't breathing..yet. He was still a dead man. They were providing oxygen to a dead boy and I only stood there immobilized, tears filling my eyes up as I watched them work.

"Is the defibrillator ready?" She asked before grabbing the two paddles.

Applying some kind of a gel onto it, she waited for the nurse to expose Jungkook's chest completely.

Things were being done at the speed of light and the only reason I could walk along with it was the adrenaline rushing through my veins.

The girl looked at me once before speaking, "time to throw in science. We gotta fool mommy nature".

I stood blank, staring at Jungkook laying cold and lifeless on bed and waited for the lady to just bring him back to life.

She took a deep breath before placing the smooth metal part of the defibrillator onto Jungkook's chest. The high voltage electric shock traveled through his body, making it shake once vigorously.

She took the paddle off again and waited for a few seconds. I hadnt even noticed when the heart rate monitor was connected to Kook's body, but the beeping sound of the machine grabbed my attention at that moment.

The graph was a flat line, no life.

She placed the metal back onto his chest, delivering a voltage even higher than the previous one in an attempt to restart his heart.

Jungkook's back arched once before falling back down. The girl seemed to panic as she increased the DC current even higher before sending the current through Jungkook's body again.

This time, his body rose off of the bed before falling back down. The girl's breathing was erratic as she stared at Jungkook, begging for him to come back to life, but he didn't.

Tears flowed down the sides of my face as I watched the love of my life lie there, cold and dead.

"One last try.." She said before rubbing the paddles of the electric defibrillator against each other and placing it on Jungkook's chest.

His body shot up and fell back down again but the graph on the monitor was still a straight line. He was dead and she couldn't bring him back.

--

Should I change my mind about writing a happy ending? :/