five.

Who knew?

We all rode quickly back into town with Ben bleeding furiously on the back of Bills bike, Silver.

"I think it's great we're helping the new kid but we also need to think about our own safety. I mean, he's bleeding all over and you guys know theres an AIDS epidemic happening right now as we speak. I mean my mom's friend in New York city got it just by touching a dirty pole in the subway and she got AIDS blood into her system through a hangnail, a hangnail!" I rolled my eyes at Eddie's little rant as it was clear his mother was feeding him lies. "And they can amputate legs and arms but how do you amputate a waist?" Eddie continued on even though it was clear no one was listening to him.

We turned into the alley next to the chemists when Eddie started blabbing on again. "You know that there are alleys full of AIDS infected needles, right?"

"Eddie for the love of God shut the fuck up!" I snapped. The constant hearing of his voice was giving me a migraine. We all dumped our bikes in the alley and I rushed over to Bill and helped him carry Ben over to sit on some stacked crates.

"Richie, wait here." Bill pointed at Richie before turning to the rest of us. "Come on." Eddie, Stanley and I followed after Bills retreating form. The four of us took off into a sprint and ran to the Chemists.

When we got inside Eddie took off down an isle and started grabbing medical looking things off the shelves.

"Can we afford all that?" Bill asked as he saw what Eddie was holding.

"It's all we got." Stanley replied after counting the crumpled up notes in his hand.

"You kidding me?" I watched as Eddie's shoulders slumped in annoyance. We all stared stupidly into the distance in thought. How does one help someone bleeding to death with very little money?

"Wait, you have an account here don't you?" Bill snapped out of Dreamland with a sorta excellent idea.

"If my mom finds out I bought all this stuff for myself, I'll spend the whole rest of the week in the emergency room." Eddie rushed out.

"See you later, dad!"

"See ya, Greta!" My first instinct was to dive into the shelves and hide but I knew the space was to tight for my liking.

"Shit! Hide me!" I whisper yelled to the boys. I grabbed onto Stanley's arm and stared desperately into his eyes. Stanley noticed Greta walking closer to us and pushed my back against a shelf. A gasp escaped my lips as he stepped closer, so close I could feel the body heat radiating off him. He moved his face closer and placed both his hands on my cheeks.

"Ew, get a room! Freaks!" Greta grumbled as she brushed past us. When we heard the bell on the door go we knew it was safe. Stanley looked into my eyes and hesitated before he stepped away. My cheeks were flushed red as I mumbled a quite "thank you". A girl walks quickly around the corner and almost bumps into Bill.

"Beverly?" I asked once I saw who it was. "You okay?"

"I'm fine, what's wrong with you?" She glanced quickly at all of us but her gaze lasted longer when she saw Bill.

"None of your business." Stanley replied rudely. I pinched his arm as a way to tell him off.

"New kid outside looks like someone killed him." Eddie hesitated the truth. I saw Stanley glare at the poor boy which resulted in another pinch.

"Can you not?" He grumbled. I stared at him innocently through my eyelashes.

"We need some s-s-s-suplies but we don't have enough money." Bill stuttered, never taking his eyes off of Beverly.

"I have an idea. Wait for my signal." Beverly gave us a kind smile.

"Thank you." I gave a thankful smile in return. "Don't thank me yet."

A loud clattering noise echoed throughout the chemists. Beverly gave us a look and that was the signal. On our way out Eddie nocked over a stand. The crash was surely to drag all attention towards us but surprisingly Mr Keene didn't look towards us. This caused us to run as fast as we could out the shop. Who knew stealing could be so fun?

A/N I am so so sorry about the long wait! Sitting five Highers is the worst idea ever! So much homework.

Anyway, enjoy the chapter and I will update as soon as. Feel free to drop a vote or comment, would love to hear what you think 😊

Till next time,
-I x