Chapter 8

Chapter 8: What You'll be Missing

Please understand that there is no rush for you all to meet the goals. Y'all can take y'all time because I am always tired getting off of work, but I do plan to update everyday, especially if the goal is met.

————

Thirty minutes passed and Yuri still hasn't received a text back from Dave

Thirty minutes passed and Yuri still hasn't received a text back from Dave. She was growing anxious and nervous.

The family were all waiting on a few people to show up to the house, so Yuri sat on the couch as she watched The Walking Dead. She was obsessed and this was her favorite show.

The doorbell rang and Yusuf got up to answer it, hoping it was Ivory's mother and her guest.

Instead, she seen Dave walk in looking good. He dapped up with her dad and walked inside of their home.

Even though he wasn't on good terms with his sister in law, Yusuf was still cool with Dave. Whatever went on in their relationship wasn't his business unless he put his hands on her.

"You can go chill on the couch. I'm helping watching the food, while Ivory upstairs getting dressed." He said.

Dave nodded and looked over at Yuri, who was sitting on the couch looking dolled up. He licked his lips and walked towards her and plopped down next to her.

"What you watchin'?" He asked.

Yuri rolled her eyes. "Why didn't you text me back?" She asked.

Dave sucked his teeth. "You not my girl, I don't answer to you." He said.

Yuri was taken back by his words, but just simply nodded her head. "Bet." Was all she said before pulling out her phone.

Tapping on the app of her messages, she tapped on East's name and text him.

As soon as her text delivered, East's contact popped up on her screen, showing that he was FaceTiming her.

Dave instantly looked down at her phone, only to see it was that wack ass nigga East.

Answering her phone, Yuri smiled as she looked into the camera.

"You look cute ass hell." East flirted.

Yuri smiled even wider and got up to leave the room, leaving a hurt Dave on the couch.

He shook his head and as soon as Yuri walked out, Isla walked into the room and her eyes widened when she seen Dave.

"What are you doing here?" She asked bitterly.