« Chapter One »

( a little heads up, I do own this art. It DOES have my signature at the bottom and the story title is put on that art with sharpie )

• • •

Travis's POV

I woke up to the sound of my friends running on the ship. I groaned and dragged myself out of bed, I slipped on some clothes, other accessories and headed out the door to the deck of the ship.
"Morning Sleeping Beauty!"
I rolled my eyes and smiled
" Ha.Ha. Very funny Dante."
He started to laugh, Dante has been my friend since I had lived on my home island. He had dark blue hair, even darker blue eyes and a peach like skin color.
" Hey, Dante do you know where Lucinda is?"
" Yeah, she should be in her cabin sleeping."
" Damn."
" What do you need Lucinda for?"
" She told me last night that she supposedly had a book that I might in interested in, I'll have to wait until she wakes though."
" I'm guessing your gonna be waiting for her in your hammock."
" You bet. Holler me over when she wakes up."
" Will do!"
I walked to my hammock that hung off the boat pole, the hammock was hanging out over the ocean just enough so I could still get on but also so no one could just come along and turn it over to drop me in the ocean. I rested easy until something was to happen
• • •
Zane's POV

I swayed my tail with the water as I moved with the water to the coral reef, I soon arrived at the coral reef, as I was greeted by many of my sea creature subjects.

" Evening Zane!"

" Good Evening! "

" Hi, Prince Zane!"

" Hello, Miss!"

" Prince Zane!Prince Zane!"

I stopped as I turned around and was met face to face with a fellow fishy friend of mine.

" Oh, hello!"

" You must help me, your majesty!"

" What seems to be the problem, Sir?"

" It's my sister! She went up to the surface!! and she hasn't come back!"

Oh no, the surface is a very dangerous place for a small fish.

" Where did she go?"

" Over there your majesty!"

I nodded my head and swam as fast as I could to the general direction, I can only assume that most of you are thinking Zane, it's only a small fish!why bother risking a fish that will be eaten later or is even dead and being served on a plate as we speak! Well, my reason is that 5 years ago I used to live in a kingdom of Marianna just like every other merperson. but I didn't think like the rest of them! I wanted to be outside of the barrier and I thought everyone should too! My father however thought differently...

*FlashBack*

" Zane are you crazy! Absolutely not! outside the barrier is a very dangerous place for us!"

" But father! all the humans are dead! they don't exist anymore so we have nothing to worry about! and plus think of all the possibilities! like what if other merpeople live out there too just like-"

" That's enough Zane! We are not discussing this any further! do I make myself clear!"

I lowered my head in defeat

" Yes father.."

" Good now go to your bedchambers, I have much work to do."

" Yes...Father."

I swam away feeling anger flow through every part of my body. Why did father want to give up such a good opportunity for us to expand our learning and discover something new! He's always disbanded my ideas... I bet if Garroth gave up the idea then he would have accepted it instead of it coming from my mouth. UGH, I'm so sick and tired of this family and dealing with all of this! It's time that I take matters into my own hands! And I will Tonight! Later that night I snuck into father and Mother's room and stole a sea crystal, I'm sorry Mother. I placed my crown on her bedside. I'm sure that you'll be fine without me..I'm sure you'll all be fine without me. I sawm off as fast as I could and grabbed my satchel from my room and anything else that I might need was in my bag, I went to my brother Vylad's roo and left my pearl bracelet with him, I left the pearls that were tired to a string that wrapped around my tail with Vlyad too. I then swam to the barrier and opened it swimming out once I could, the water was a bit strange but I soon got used to it. I looked back at my home once more before swimming off into the night to hopefully find a new home and maybe something new too! and as a swam further and further I soon found myself tired as I found a place to rest, I ended up falling on a coral reef. When I woke up that morning I found myself to be surrounded by swarms of sea creatures, they offered me a home.food.shelter.friends.love. They even called me a prince because there hasn't been a spotting of merpeople in years. I told them they didn't need to, but they all insisted...

* End of flashback*

Now, these friendly people are my subjects, this coral reef is my little kingdom. and the least I can do for them for their kindness is protect them, and make things rights for them all... I soon was close to the surface, I looked around frantically to hopefully find this lost fish I was looking for, sure enough, I spot a small ship close by,

" gotcha"

The ship must have been just passing by and just happened to catch one of my subjects, now let's just hope she's alive...

( CLIFFHANGER CAUSE I'M EVIL AND IN THE WRITING ZOOOOONE!! BUT DONT WORRY I'LL BE POSTING ANOTHER CHAPTER VEEEEEERY SOON!!!!)