Fifty-Three

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Jack

Hey Ceci! How was Vegas? When you get free, we should talk. 

I woke up this morning in a hotel near my daughter's college. Ruby broke it off with her boyfriend. After the break-up, he started harassing her. Last night she had the cops tell him to stop contacting her. He immediately got pissed, texted her about "calling the cops" and made a threat, which combined with suicidal tendencies, and substance abuse,  completes the high risk profile.

So, we're here for a couple nights in a hotel. I texted him last night about the legal disadvantages of his current path. He has not responded.

Guys are idiots.

Ceci

Terrible, I bet you feel sick. It's a scary situation. I hope he backs off. I'm sure she would know to keep a low social media profile.

Jack

Yeah. He hasn't called her or me (knock on wood). Maybe one more night at the hotel.

On the upside, Walmart may not be a model employer, but after a night of sleeping in your clothes, it can't be beat as a source of cheap fresh underwear.

Monday, October 31, 2016

Jack

Got your email. Will call as soon as I can. 

Just stepped out of office. Sitting in our lobby. Strung out from work. Lack of sleep. Driving my head through concrete. Gary, Dianne, and Anne are working the phones in the other offices. It's like a campaign headquarters, canvassing and cajoling witnesses, many who "just don't want to be involved". Sorry, getting frantic hand signs from Gary. There is problem with a witness. I've got to go. Deadline to disclose all our witnesses is tonight.

Ceci

No rush

Jack

Oh yeah, Happy Halloween!

Ceci

🎃

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Jack

Just four weeks from trial. I'm in the office waiting to prep Dianne (Gary's wife) for her testimony. Nervous stomach, me and her. Big day of work. Looking forward to your videos. Gary has some more work for you. I anticipate he will pay more for it, but I haven't confirmed. He's getting pre-fight jitters too. 

I heard the new announcement on your business voice mail. Your voice. I'm not the only one who has a thing about your voice? Others also like it, right? It's like when I was ten, waking up in the morning, summer vacation, the smell of grass through the screen door, a raspberry popsicle in one hand, handlebar in the other, riding to baseball, pools, forts, and everything under the sun. 

That's your voice.

Jack

Killer! Anne says we got your videos in the drop box. 

And, as promised, here's a pic of my new ski/love-mobile.

Ceci

Oh that's NICE!

Friday, November 4, 2016

Jack

Hey Ceci! Heading to a faraway court in a faraway land. Out on the treeless plains of Eastern Colorado. Remember the cowboy kid, long and lean, walked into my office wearing spurs? It's his first court appearance. A routine DUI, complicated by a loaded rifle found in the backseat of his pick-up truck. 

As you can imagine, the law and the DAs get all bent out of shape whenever there's a gun involved. Naturally, he had it handy for shooting snakes and coyotes, and other cowboy type shit. Hopefully the DA understands, and cuts this young man a break. The arresting officer does. She was forced by the rules to press the firearm charges, but she seems to have a crush on this tall, gangly kid in cowboy boots. We'll see.

It's all going down at this purdy old courthouse out on the eastern flats of Colorado.

Jack

Told the story of my cowboy client to the DA. Spurs. Rattlesnakes. Coyotes. Told the DA how after my kid was arrested, he told the cops that he was so ashamed that he was going to "hang himself in the barn." And how he shaved off his scruffy beard and borrowed his grandpa's suit and shoes just for court. The DA listened quietly, head down. I added that the arresting officer told me our cowboy was a good kid and to have the DA call her. The DA said he recognized the cop's name. He perked up. Said he knew her from another case. He leaned back. He stared at the ceiling for guidance. I stared up there too, just to see what he was looking at. For 15 seconds, time stopped. He then proceeded to drop all the firearms charges and give us a righteous deal.

Thank God, Thank God!

So now it's breakfast time! Are you hungry? I'm starving!

Ceci

: )

Yea I'm starved too. Lunch is in order.

Jack

Village Inn, baby!

Ceci

Bon appetite!

Jack

Merci, Ceci.

[⭐Vote⭐ for eggs and cowboys!]

Photo 1: Saddle Jumper by Caropat, 2016 (Pixabay #1955278).

Photos 2-4: Taken and owned by the authors, 2016.