XXII

TORYN'S DEMIN BLUE JEANS hugged her body tight, the sound of the heels on the bottom of her leather boots making heads turn as she walked through the eatery. She strutted like a girl who knew what she came here to do, but she was nervous. Toryn looked around the small café trying to figure out who the guy was she came to meet, but he stood up, waving her over.

Toryn walked over and allowed herself to be embraced in a hug. For some reason it felt really familiar being hugged by him. They sat down across from each other and it was quiet for a while with none of them knowing what to say. It's been seven years since Samir had seen her. They had never broke up, so it felt weird having her sitting right across from him.

"How are you?" Samir asked, "how have things been?"

Toryn didn't know how to answer that. How have things been? Looking at him, his yellow skin was appealing and he was very handsome with his plump lips. "Getting by I guess..."

Samir nodded his head, "Well do you remember my name from a few days ago?" He said, just wanting to test.

Toryn shook her head from side to side. Honestly after that big commotion had taken place that's all that had been on her mind. Anything else from before that wasn't really clicking. She didn't even remember some of the places she went shopping. She was just surprised she and Takashi's friendship was over now. And as Toryn looked at the man sitting in front of her, she knew it was because of him. But why? What was the issue?

"It's Samir. Samir Williams."

"Samir Williams," Toryn repeated, putting her elbow on the table. Toryn rested her face in her hand and narrowed her eyes as she leaned forward a bit. "Can you please enlighten me on the problems between you and Taka?"

"Who?"

"Takashi."

Samir didn't know she wanted to come here just to talk about him, but she did have memory loss and he figured she wanted to know what the beef was. Samir shrugged. "If I honestly knew, I would tell you. From the time I met him he never liked me. I'm guessing it's because he liked you or whatever. But we just never clicked. But for him to swing on me like that the way he did, that shit was uncalled for and imma deal with him when I see him."

Toryn looked down now super ashamed. She was pretty sure once she opened her mouth and spilled the beans, he would just get up and walk away. But she had too. If she came for answers she was going to have to give information. "Yeah, he was mad because I ended up in a brothel." She mumbled.

Samir leaned over the table so far people started staring. "What?"

Toryn knew he heard so she didn't repeat it. Her experience there had toughened her up but she wouldn't wish that type of bad luck on anybody. She looked up at him with tears in her eyes. So many nights she prayed someone she knew would come rescue her. It was so scary being there in the beginning by herself, she knew no one and everyone was out for themselves.