Chapter 3: Running Away

Burning.

That's all I felt. All I was thinking. I have to get up. I need to get up. Hot tears were prickling my face.

I do cry.

I weakly placed my hands under my chest, squeezing my eyes shut. And with all the strength I really had left, I pushed myself up.

My side burned, my throat was aching. I fell against the wall, but it helped.

I sort of limped to the bathroom, I don't really know how. I rinsed my mouth, the blood spilling into the sink.

My side still hurt, my throat still burned, but I could move. I still don't know where to go.

The only person that lived close by is Sev, and he already didn't allow to let me cut through his arguments,  he refused it.

I carefully pulled my trunk from beneath my moth eaten bed, changing into something that wasn't covered in blood.

I opened the only window in this... room? A very cold wind meeting me. What the heck?

It was raining outside, a cold breeze by its side. What the heck?! It's the middle if summer!

I put my trunk over the edge of the window, praying nothing would fall out, getting wet.

And I let it fall.

I heard a loud thud, but nothing came out of it. Next was me. I hope nothing falls out of me.

I transformed into a coyote in a quick shift, praying once again I wouldn't fall to my death.

I can't die now. I still haven't gotten to beat up James yet, or find out who Alex has a crush on!

And I jumped.

Right before I reached the concrete street, I changed back, and lightened up.

"Arresto Momentum!" I held my arms out, hoping it worked.

I prepared for the impact, but it never came. I opened my eyes, and saw I was about an inch off the ground.

Then I fell.

"Well, that turned out great," I muttered to myself, standing up. Right as I did, a pain struck my side.

I bit tongue, not crying out-

No. I'm going to be fine. It doesn't hurt that bad. I'm still running away. Even though I'm not even running.

I picked up my trunk, tying my hair up, for probably the first time this summer. I put my goodie over my head, the rain pouring.

I got out of the orphanage. I need to get out of town, as far away as possible.

And doesn't Hope have anything better to do than abuse me. I mean, does she even sleep half the time....

*****
I had resulted in pulling my trunk with me, changing back into a coyote, or what James started calling through very few letters, Wild.

Only because last year he called me wild, using my Animagi as a counterweight.

I like it.

I realized Sirius hasn't sent me a letter. Not even one letter. This whole summer.

I felt the knot in my stomach I haven't felt since school ended, but this time it was different.

The same, but different.

I pushed it aside, and continue to trot, my fur was matted and damp, soaking with the rain.

I wonder what Alex is doing? I wonder what Lily is doing? I wonder what Peter and Remus were-

I stopped abruptly. A tall, dark haired figure came into view. Now coming towards me...

I growled a little and backed up, my backside hitting a lamp post. The figure uncovered his head from his hood, and his mystical grey eyes widened.

Sirius.

I changed back with a little 'pop', my eyes countering in confusion. And all I could do now, all of my senses telling me, to run.

I ran as fast as I could towards him, my legs taking me forward on the sidewalk. I left my trunk there in a hurry.

I felt my hair come loose, as usual, as I ran. When I reached him, I junked into his arms, my skin ice cold with rain.

But he too was wet, but strangely warm. I pulled back, and looked straight into his grey circles. (A/N: I hate using 'orbs'.)

"Sirius! Sirius what are- what?" I shut my eyes, and ran a hand threw my soaking hair.

Was I having another dream, or a Seer one at least? No. I was able to jump into his arms and hug him, and in the dream my arm went right through.

"Oh my god, Lia, what are you doing here? What happened?!" He held my face in his hands, poking my bruised cheek.

He searched for any injury, not knowing he missed many. I swatted away his hands, and looked securely around.

"I'm fine. Hope just got carried away that's all, I'm fine, Sirius..."

"Lia, oh god. Oh, you did it. You actually did it." His face brightened a little, as he started to grin. "You ran away from that hell hole. I'm so glad,"

He's right, I did.

He pulled me into his embrace, longer than he should have. He squeezed around my side, causing me to push him away, holding my side.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" He cut himself off, looking at my hands around me.

"Gorgeous," I missed that. The way he said it."What are you doing?" His voice was gentle, I've never heard him talk like that.

This is different. It wasn't how Remus did it last year and the boys helped me. No.

His is different. It's calming, relaxing, gentle, full of.... love? No. It's care. Definitely care.

He walked closer to me, but I pushed him back. "It's just my stomach, I haven't eaten for about.... the whole day? I can't remember." I lied. But that was half true.

I wasn't able to eat anything today.

"Yeah. I'm hungry, too," He said while smiling, getting my trunk.

"What are we doing?" I walked after him, a mischievous glint in his eye. But he always had that.

"We, my dear Lady Winters, are about to arrive at our destination." He grinned at me.

"And that is....?" Right when I asked, we were in front of a mansion, a familiar mansion.

Of course, Olivia, it's Potter Manor.

_______________________

YASSSSSGYFSTJCKGGSKJDHKCXMN!!?  I'M SO HYPED UP FOR THESE FEW CHAPTERS COMING UP! (I'm trying not to wake everyone up)

VOTE IF YOU ENJOY