Chapter 51

A/N: Alright let me just set one thing straight real quick...

NONE OF YOU

ship Khloe and Nico

more than me.

that is all. Carry on.

~~~

Nico's POV:

Khloe slowly set her hand in mine, apparently unsure of what to initially think about what we were going to do.

She looked unsurprisingly nervous and red-faced, probably worried already that she was going to mess up.

Well of course she was, No one could expect her to be automatically good at something that they've never done before, not to mention how difficult those heals are going to be.

I gestured her to step forward, having her close the distance between us a bit.

Her eyes followed my hand as I guided her own to my shoulder, before placing my own on her waist.

The later action made her stiffen and made her nervousness even more evident.

I tried my best not to smile at her reaction.

"Follow my lead," I told her.

Learning to dance like this was easier if you just went with it, feeling the movement of your partner and rhythm of the music. Plus I feel like Khloe would learn easier with as little instructing words as possible.

Id have to make up for the lack of music by setting a steady rhythm with my movements.

Khloe did well, following my steps and moving accordingly.

I started off slow, giving her time to get used to moving in those shoes, which was exactly what she needed.

Her grip would tighten on my shoulder and hand whenever she would stumble, allowing me to help her regain her balance before she could hurt herself. She would then follow it with an unnecessary apology.

The ball was the day after tomorrow and the last thing either of us needed was for her to badly twist her ankle.

Lucky for both of us, I wasn't going to let that happen.

We continued to dance around the room with the limited space that we had.

Khloe surprisingly had fantastic rhythm and didn't struggle much whenever I would speed it up or slow it down to test her.

Although she did gain the habit of looking down at her feet as if that would help her not to stumble.

There was nothing in this room to trip on, so there was no use looking at the floor.

"Eye contact," I spoke softly.

Her head turned up, eyes meeting mine hesitantly before she responded with a silent nod.

I knew constant eye contact like this was going to be a bit weird for her, but id rather have her look at me than anything else. I'm sure anyone else that dances with her will think the same.

I've honestly never cared much about what the girls I danced with looked at, but I craved to see her like this for as long as I could.

Khloe's POV:

We've been dancing for who knows how long, not that I really minded or had any want to stop.

I finally felt like I was beginning to get the hang of it, and I was actually finding it to be quite enjoyable.