Light Years

Aliana's POV

I awoke to the feeling of warmth at my back. I looked down and saw a pale arm around my waist.

Kassandra.

I smiled inside, happy that she came to stay with me, but then I remembered last night. The fear and disgust in her voice.

I tried to move slowly towards the egde of the bed trying not to wake her, but before I could get anywhere, the arm around my waist tightend.

"Stay." She says in a voice. " Please."

I stop trying to get away and turn around to face her and am shocked at what I see.

Her eyes are bloodshot, as if she'd spent the whole night crying.

Without thinking I reach out and pull her to me, trying to ease her pain.

"What wrong love?" I ask into her hair.

Her shoulders start to shake with silent tears and I hold her tighter.

"Kassandra if you don't tell me what's wrong I can't fix it." I tell her and she still doesn't answer, just continues to cry.

I hold her for about five minutes and here sobs have not quited, so I pull away from her and put my hand on her shoulders.

"Kassandra look at me." I say softly. She keeps her head bowed.

"Kassandra!" I say a little more firmly and she fliches.

I release one of her shoulders and grip her chin to pull her head up. I force her to meet my gaze.

"What is wrong?" I say slowly. She sniffles for a few more seconds.

" I'm sorry." She says in a low voice.

I cocked my head to the side confused.

"I'm sorry for what I said to you last night." She clarifies.

I release her other shoulder and lean back to stare at her.

She starts to fidgit, uncomfortable under my gaze.

"Why?" I asked, needing to know the reason she's sorry.

"I tried to put my beliefs on you even though I had no idea what you go through and without getting to know you properly before I judged you. For causing you pain with my hurtful words. I'm just so sorry Aliana, can you forgive me?" Fresh tears were streaming down her cheeks now.

It breaks me to watch her suffer, even if she was the one who hurt me yesterday. She is my mate and I will protect her from anything, any pain, any hurt, even if it means sacrificing myself.

I pull her into a deep hug and she buries her face in my neck.

"There is nothing to forgive love." I tell her and kiss the side of her head.

"I'm going to get ready for the day then make some breakfast." I say and she pulls away from me, her head still down.

Cupping her chin I pull her face up as I lean in and place a light kiss on her lips.

"Everything is going to be okay." I tell her and pull away. I walk out the door and head to my room to shower.

As soon I step in the bathroom I pause in front of the mirror and look at myself. The image before hasn't changed. It's something that can't be seen on the surface but I can feel that something about me has been changed.

Ever since meeting Kassandra I've been experiencing emotions. Feelings things that I haven't felt in a long time or things I thought I would never feel. It's a bit strange, but I'm trying to work through it.

I take a quick shower and brush my teeth, then head downstairs to make some breakfast and find Fen still on his spot on the couch watching t.v.

He notices me and hops off the chair and trots into the kitchen.

"Good morning Fen." I tell him as I take some eggs out of the fridge.

"Morning Ali, How are you?" He asks concern showing in his eyes.

I know that he knows what happened last night because of the mental connection we share, so there's no point in lying to him.

"I'm okay. Everything will be okay." I tell him truthfully.

He looks me in the eyes trying to find fault with my words. When he finds none he relaxes.

" What's on the agenda for the day boss?" He asks, back to his old self.

I begin cooking the food for us while Fen watches me work.

"I was thinking of asking Kassandra if she wants to start her training." I finish cooking and turn off the stove.

"I remember you telling me about wanting to train her properly, that would mean taking her to..." He trails off.

"Onari." I finish for him.

He doesn't say anything just gets up and goes to sit back on the couch

He would never admit it but I know that the idea of returning to Onari makes him sad, because he is the only one of his kind that I have ever found on the planet and I searched the entire planet before I even found him.

Before I can talk to him about it the door at the top of the stairs open and Kassandra comes down, when she reaches the kitchen she looks at me shyly. I give her a small smile in response.

We eat breakfast in silence, even Fen is quiet and he always talks during meals.

"I was telling Fen how I think we should start your training, if that's what you want." I tell Kassandra.

She looks up from her plate, not making eye contact with me.

"Training?" She asks in a a quiet voice. I nod my head.

"Ok. Are we going to strart today in the gym?" She asks.

"No." I tell her. " If I train you here you wont be able to develop your powers properly. Were going to Fen's homeworld Onari."

Her eyes finally meet mine.

"We're going to outer space?" She asks suprised.

"Remember how I told you that we're not originally from here?" She nods. "Well I want to take you there to train you properly. I can't do that on Earth." I say as I finish eating.

I can see that she is a little worried about leaving.

"When would we leave?" She asks finally.

"You're not worried?" I ask and raise and eyebrow.

She stops eating and places her fork on her plate and looks me directly in the eyes. I see so many emotions falsh through them. Reget, Love, Pain, Trust and a little fear.

"I trust you." Is all she says.

I look at her for a long time, when I see the conviction in her eyes I get up out of my seat and pull her out of hers, I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her to me. She comes willingly and wraps her arms around my neck. I bend my head and give her a deep kiss. Showing her that I'm grateful for her trust in me and that I feel the same.

When we pull away we're both breathing heavy and a little flushed. I reach up and place my hand on her cheek and she leans into it.

"Thank you." I tell her and give her a light kiss and pull away from her and start to clean up the kitchen.

"We can leave anytime your ready." I tell her.

"I'm ready now." She says and I look at her in suprise. I thought she would need more time to get used to the idea of leaving the planet.

"Are you sure." I ask her.

She nods her head with no hesitation.

"I want to see where you and Fen are from."

"Ok then, let's go."