The New Girl

Everything belongs to J.K. Rowling. Except the characters I've created and the storyline :)

- The sorting hat's song is one I found online :)

Okay, So this is my new HP fanfiction. This takes place in the Marauders' Era. I hope you like this new story! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1 - The New Girl

It was September 1st. Remus, James, Peter and Sirius were on the Hogwarts Express on their way to Hogwarts. It was their seventh, and therefore final, year at the school and it was going to be the best year of their lives. James and Remus were discussing why James got to be Head Boy and not Remus, neither of the two understood why Professor Dumbledore chose James. He couldn’t have been more excited though; he was going to share the Head Prefects room with Lily Evans.

Peter was half asleep with his head leaned against the window. He hadn’t been sleeping well the past couple of days. He hadn’t told any of the other boys about his problems, but they had all sensed it in one way or another.

Sirius was looking through his suitcase for his robes. The other boys had changed quickly, but Sirius postponed it as long as he could. When he finally found them, he sighed in annoyance. His mother had given him the wrong robes; the green and silver Slytherin colours graced them. He took them out of the suitcase and left the compartment to find his brother.

         “Regulus!” he muttered as he entered the compartment, in which his brother sat. Regulus looked up at Sirius.

         “What are you doing Sirius?” he asked with an annoyed expression on his long face. Sirius and Regulus had never been that close. Sure they were brothers, but that didn’t mean much to the two of them. Their mother had always favoured Regulus over Sirius.

         “You have my robes.” Sirius snarled and threw the Slytherin robes at his brother. Regulus just took out his wand and mumbled a spell. Sirius’ robes came flying out of his brothers’ suitcase. Regulus caught them and threw them at Sirius.

         “Thanks.” He sulked and left. Sirius despised Regulus; they were the exact opposite of each other. Sirius was a brave Gryffindor, Regulus a sneaky Slytherin. Sirius was slowly walking back towards his friends, when he bumped into someone.

         “Sorry.” He muttered.

         “Oh my goodness. Don’t apologize! It’s my fault, I wasn’t looking.” The girl he had walked into gushed. Sirius lifted his eyes from the floor and looked at the girl. Her hair was pitch black, and fell in curls over her shoulders and back. Her almond-shaped eyes were purple, and at that moment widened in surprise. Her cheeks were flushed and her lips were slightly parted as she regarded Sirius with curiosity. She had on her robes, but there was no badge with the house colours, or any other sign of which house she was in.

         “No it’s not. I’m the one to blame.” Sirius choked out. The girl smiled at him.

         “Shouldn’t we just share the blame, and forget it happened?” she asked, her voice was like an angels’. He noticed she had a slight French accent.

         “Sure. That sounds great.” Sirius said, the girl giggled and began to walk away, “Wait!” he yelled.

The girl stopped and turned to face him, “Yes?”

         “What’s your name?” the girl looked amused for a second.

         “Karolyn.” She pronounced her name in French.