Fire

'Did you lose what won't return?
Did you love but never learn?
The fire's out but still it burns
And no one cares, there's no one there.'

***

***

Hermione woke up in an enormous bed, sleepily she searched her way through the mansion. She had noticed they weren't in the apartment anymore, clearly Niklaus preferred it a bit more luxurious. She walked down the stairs, seeing Niklaus in the kitchen. She hold back a giggle, the big bad hybrid making breakfast. Who would have thought? Silently she settled herself at the dining table.

'Good morning love,' she heard him saying.
He sat across the table, 'Did you sleep well?'
Hermione just stared and began giggling, not being able to stop.

Niklaus raised his eyebrow, so Hermione answered: 'Oh come on, its not every day you see the big bad hybrid making breakfast and asking if I have slept well. Honestly, I would have expected you to demand me to eat and then leave to go on a killing spree.'

Niklaus laughed and put a finger against his lips, 'Don't tell anyone love.' As he began eating.

Hermione giggled again, but quickly began eating. The food was delicious, she had to admit.

And out of the blue Niklaus asked: 'Why don't you hate me?'

Hermione stopped eating, 'Do you want me to?'

'No.'

Hermione put down her fork and paused, 'You haven't given me a reason to.'

Klaus raised one of his eyebrows and pointed with his fork, 'I tried to kill your sister and aunt.'

Hermione looked at him, 'I know. But you didn't, look Niklaus. I've met the worst of the worst, you do not come anywhere near these people. Besides if you keep making me food this good, I'll have to forgive anything you do.'

Niklaus smiled, 'Anything?'

Hermione quickly regretted her words, 'That was figuratively speaking, if you'd actually kill one of the people I care about I wouldn't forgive you.'

Niklaus nodded, 'Of course, now I get why you're a Gilbert.'

Hermione smiled, 'Well, I am proud to be one.'

'So about that killing spree...' Niklaus began.

Hermione almost spit out her drink, 'What!?'

And Niklaus bursted out laughing, Hermione glared at him. But she couldn't hold in her laughter for long and began laughing almost immediately.

 But she couldn't hold in her laughter for long and began laughing almost immediately