Shizune X Male!Shy Reader (Naruto) One-Shot

Helloooo everybody. This is a request by once again, Brave_Vesperia, I thank you for the request... 

Author: Imma try to go cute on this one since it's almost Christmas.

Alphonse: what's your idea?  

Author: Not telling Al, it's a secret... (^_^)

Alphonse: Awww come on! 

Author: Sorry Al, a secret is a secret! Anyway, 

Enjoy!!!

(Y/N) POV

I went out of my house to see what was happening today as people started decorating their houses. Christmas was coming soon so I decided to look around see if there's anything interesting. I walked down the streets of Konoha and from the looks of it, everyone seems to be busy with decorating, wrapping gifts, and meeting people for a reunion. Everything seems to be normal for this season. But for me, I got nothing else to do other than staying at home and drinking a cup of hot chocolate. 

I wasn't much of a talker so I didn't have that many friends. You may think that I live sadly, but that's not true. I have one friend who's named Shizune who took me in for a job at the Hokage's office. It was nothing too big, but at least I get paid to do it so I kinda owe Shizune for the job and the friendship we built. As I thought of that, it was at that moment that I bumped into someone by accident as she yelped and dropped a bag full of treats and... Money?

"Oh! Hey (Y/N), sorry about that!" Shizune said as she started picking up her stuff. 

"N-no, it's fine," I said quietly as I helped her pick up the treats and the money. I knew what the treats were for but I was curious about what the money was for. 

"Thanks (Y/N), I'm clumsy so I always bumped into someone. I'm in a rush so..." Shizune smiled as I chuckled lightly. 

"So what are you doing here? Shopping?" Shizune questioned. I stood there trying to think of something but nothing really came into my mind. 

"Just... Looking." I said, ending the conversation there. We both stood there in awkward silence for a minute until Shizune spoke. 

"Not much of a talker are you?" I nodded as she giggled lightly and gave me a piece of paper. 

"Why don't you come with me to a Christmas party we're having tonight? The Hokage is inviting the teachers and their students so..." Shizune said as, in my mind, I thought 'nope, that's a bad idea'. 

"Uh... Um, Shizune I-."

"Oh my gosh! It's that time already, ok I gotta go now so I guess I'll see you at the party tonight And you can't make excuses so you HAVE to come. Oh, and one more thing, you're gonna have to find a present for secret Santa and the piece of paper that I gave you is the name you need to get a present for. So see ya later!" Shizune sarcastically said as she ran as I stood there in confusion and shock. 

"How cruel, I didn't get to say my answer..." I sighed as I looked at the piece of paper. 

It wrote... Shizune?!

Out of all the people... 

I sighed once more as I put the piece of paper in my pocket and continued going down the streets to find a present for Shizune. I thought to myself, 'I feel like she did this on purpose. She should know that I'm not much of a talkative type so why me?' I complained in my head as I looked around to find something for Shizune tonight...