Chapter 22.4 -Felicitations Ⅳ

The Sky Knights with vast relief burst out onto the next 3rd floor to find the typical goblins. The Sky Knights vented their anger, frustration, humiliation, and all other emotions, as they crushed their way past the goblins all the way to the 7th floor to face the Battle Golem. Exhausted emotionally and mentally, the Sky Knights were able to come together to barely defeat the Battle Golem, which would have usually posed no trouble for them.

By some miracle, the exhausted Sky Knights arrive at the 8th floor, where they receive the shock of their lives. On the 8th room, the Sky Knights gaped as they saw an entire town filled with brownies and other cute creatures. A tiny brownie in priestess clothing emerges from the townsmen and says, "Greetings Adventures. You have come a long way to reach this haven. You may find rest here and rest easy in the inns or you may ask for peace from our great god, Cthulhu, in his holy temple. Please come this way," the tiny priestess said as she led the way through the town and towards the temple.

Sir Williams and his Sky Knights warily check the area for signs of traps, but to their amazement, they don't find anything amiss. It was clearly a town in the middle of a dungeon on the 8th floor! How was that even possible?!"

Seeing Sir Williams and the Sky Knights troubled expression, the brownie priestess says, "Our great God, Cthulhu, has placed us here to aid those who seek answers. Please follow me to his Holy temple."

The Sky Knights follow the tiny priestess to a large majestic temple filled with pink jelly statues. In the middle of the temple, many tiny woodland creatures kneel to the pink jelly statue. Sir Williams points to the pendant on the fervent believer's chests and asks, "And what does

"Our gracious God and Her Excellency have granted this token as protection," The priestess fervently declared and added, "But thanks to Cthulhu's great mercy, the speaker of the God, Her Excellency, Pope Psykosis has declared that anyone may also purchase this holy pendant for their personal use. Pope Psykosis, in her majestic kindness, has decreed that any devotee may receive this token or any of humble heart may contribute 10 gold coins to Cthulhu's temple in exchange for obtaining a single holy relic."

Hilde snorts at the reply and mutters, "And what does that trinket even do?"

"Once one advances beyond this place, there are many dangers. This trinket returns one safely to the 8th floor or casts on safely out of the dungeon," the priestess calmly stated.

Sir Williams eyes bulge in an understanding of the wonderful use of said item. Even if they failed or their very lives were in danger, they would return safely to this haven. It was a tool that was of untold value that could be bought for cheap. "I would like to buy one for each of my troop," Sir Williams firmly stated without hesitation.

"As Cthulhu wills it," the brownie priestess said and led Sir Williams to lay the correct amount on the altar. Sir Williams swiftly places the correct amount as the coins vanish from the alar all on their own and the priestess emerges from behind the altar with the pendants in hand.

Sir Williams swiftly hands out the pendants to his troop as one sky knights whispers, "We should just take over this place and make it ours." Some of the Sky Knights gleam with that same thought, but before they can react, giant plant tendrils reach into the temple and grab the screaming men. Before Sir Williams can react, the screaming men have been dragged into the ground and are gone.

The brownie priestess quietly says, "The great god, Cthulhu truly cares for his people. You would do well to remember that, before thinking to harm any of his followers. But don't worry about your men, they have been safely cast out of the dungeon, but they are prohibited from ever returning." Turning on her heels, the brownie priestess says over her shoulders, "Now come and at least have a bite to eat, before going on your way. You must be tired, and a warm meal will do your aching stomachs good."

Sir Williams and the rest of the Sky Knights meekly make their way to the inn and buy food to eat. Afterwards, they bravely continue to the next floor only to find a forest filled with werewolves and giant wolves. Unable to continue in their current mental state, the Sky Knights activate their pendants and exit the dungeon. In silence, the Sky Knights most meekly walk through the forest and back to the Emerald Guild Branch. Upon their return, the Sky Knights are immediately taken to see the council, who was already aware of the new dungeon's appearance just outside of the Emerald City.

At the council table, Mrs. Partridge, a harpy narrows her eyes and impatiently hisses, "Well, report already!" The other guild members sigh in exasperation but do not chide her about her frustration. They were all anxiously worried about the new dungeon.

"What is Sir Williams waiting for? Please tell us immediately, what level of a dungeon it is?!" A brunet woman of thirty years asked.

"I'm sorry, sir, I don't know if there is a classification for that dungeon, Sir William's hesitantly stated."

"Please explain yourself, Sir Williams," a dark-skinned member further inquired.

"The first floor though filled with poisonous insects only has traps and Giant King Slimes. The 2nd floor isn't even a problem, it just a stone golem asking 10 questions," Sir Williams hastily said. "And the next 3rd to 7th floors increase from goblins to troll kings to the 7th floor being that of a battle golem."

"Then it's a simple C+-Class dungeon, which frankly is good news. I fail to see the issue, Sir Williams," a tiny Asian woman flatly stated.

"It doesn't end there, the 8th floor houses a God's temple and is a haven for adventures to take rest in. One may even purchase a pendant to return one to the 8th floor or out of the dungeon from the holy temple of Cthulhu that has been built there. We were unable to feet the creatures that dwell in the 9th dungeon and to be truthful, honestly, I am afraid of what lays beyond the 9th floor for surely the dungeon will drastically increase in difficulty. This is a dungeon, where even newbies can enter, but beyond the 8th floor, only B+ or higher classes can enter. This is a dungeon unlike any other I've ever seen for it is truly a dungeon that accommodates to most class levels," Sir William's tiredly stated.

The council is silent as the head councilmen spoke up, "Thank you for your invaluable report, Sir Williams, you and your troop may return to rest for the night." Sir Williams bows and departs with his troops as the guild doors close behind him.

"Can his words be taken at face value?" The brunet woman asked.

"We have too, besides, this dungeon isn't going to simply go away just because we wish it to," Mrs. Partridge growled back.

A senior member with a charming smile says, "Then why don't we do just? We shall simply announce that the guild had been hiding the dungeons existence for the citizen's safety of mind. But now after running intensive tests, we find that the dungeon is only a C+-class dungeon. But announce the truth to our guild member's and allow those of higher ranks to enter and test the dungeon for themselves."

The council members all give their agreement as they move to announce the new dungeon in the morning. Some council members plot on having their proteges be the first to enter the dungeon, while others plot on how to gain an advantage out of this. Come morning there would be many guild members jousting for a position and fighting to be the first to reach the 8th floor and confirm the report that was given by the Sky Knights.