CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO - Henry's Victoria

"What are we going to do?" asked Henry in a panic. Timber relied solely on her hearing for many things including Renegade. How would she care for him if she couldn't hear him?

"Her Majesty might be able to help," said Sebastian. "Let me talk to Timber."

Sebastian concentrated on Timber for only a moment when she looked back at him. She tried to get to her feet but she wobbled and fell into the snow. Henry began to fill with dread. How much damage had been done if Timber couldn't stand? She tried again to get to her feet but without success. She then looked at Sebastian again and nodded at Henry.

"Hǎo. You can pick her up safely, Henry," said Sebastian. "I told her what's happening."

Henry picked Timber up and quickly walked her up to the castle with Grace in tears behind them and Sebastian focused on mentally communicating with the silver wolf to keep her calm. He made sure she knew where they were going and he told her everything Grace and Henry said. They went through the front doors when they came across a group of water elves heading out for their afternoon swim in the lake.

"Lord Santelli," said the smallest one. Her pale blue hair fell over her white skin as she bowed.

"Would you happen to know where Queen Aiyanna is?" asked Henry.

"No, My Lord," said the elf, "but I know she is not in Haven at this moment. Do you need a healer?"

"Yes," said Henry urgently. "My wife's ears were injured and she cannot hear."

"I believe I know someone who could help," said another elf with hair the color of sea foam. He pointed toward the back of the castle. "There's the small group of fairies currently in the hospital room who have healing power. They're just as skilled as Her Majesty and they should be able to help."

"Thank you," said Henry.

"You're welcome, My Lord," said the elf.

Henry took Timber, Grace, and Sebastian through the castle and into a large stone room with multiple beds. It was empty but Henry heard laughter coming from the other room at the far end. Grace stopped as they walked in that direction but Sebastian pulled her along. Dancing by the pillow on the table was a group of colorful fairies, each no bigger than Henry's hand.

"My Lord," they chorused, bowing in unison.

"My wife's ears are hurt," said Henry. "She can't hear and she can't stand."

"We can help," they chimed.

They suddenly vanished into miniature balls of light and headed for Timber. Henry set her down and two fairies went into each of Timber's ears. Timber, having been informed by Sebastian what was happening, remained still while they did their work. She could feel them moving and touching every part of her ears. It took the fairies ten minutes but slowly, Timber noticed that she could hear everyone breathing. She wagged her tail lightly and twisted her ear in the direction of the sound and then she heard Grace laugh with relief. She wagged her tail harder and then the fairies left her ears and became their normal size.

"Thank you," said Grace and Henry.

"You're welcome," they sang together.

"Lady Timber needs to rest here for a short time before she can move around. The patches need to fuse with her skin for a permanent seal," said one.

"We will leave until she is ready to be released," said another.

They bowed and flew out of the door. Timber Turned and sat up slowly. She looked around and felt an odd sensation wash over her.

"I don't like this room," she said.

"This is the hospital ward though this room is for the ones who are hovering close to death," said Henry. "I don't think comfort was going through Lord Frost's mind when it was added."