41- Musically Exhausted

***this is a really big timeskip, I'm sorry if you wanted more but I need to get to the end of this book***

Dipper POV
So, skip forward almost two months and we're here at Christmas. Well, a week until Christmas. Surprisingly, Christmas also exists in the demon world. Much like Halloween, demons decided to have their own Christmas so that we can be better than humans. With all the religious influence taken out of it, Christmas is basically just a week off work to enjoy a little R&R alone or with family.

Only, of course, for me it's different. I may have a week off my job as an assassin, but because I'm the god of love I need to supply extra passion to the human world for this season.

I've been slowly increasing the amount I sing all month, and with this being the week of Christmas, I'm having to sing an annoyingly amount of the time. My throat hasn't gotten sore, but Bill says it will hurt a little by new year. Ugh. At least I get to spend this time with my lovely boyfriend. He sings with me about half the time, which is really comforting.

I never really liked Christmas. Like my birthday, Mabel got most of the presents and love from our parents. I was happy to let her have the spotlight as long as we could all spend Christmas Eve together as a family. It's sad to think that I won't be spending this Christmas with them again this year, but I can start to make my own traditions with Bill.

I take a sip of coffee as I watch a screen full of moving diagrams and meters. Bill magicked me up a special control room for sessions like this when I need to be able to monitor the amounts of passion in the human world. These meters can help me figure out how much of what emotions humans need. There's excitement, romance, calm and the love for family. I did some research during November and found what kind of rates and what stages of the month I needed to replicate the old God of love and passion.

I have a little couch set up to watch this screen comfortably, and a microphone I can sing into to direct my power where I want it. This gives more reaction to less work.

Suddenly I see the meter for romance go down slightly. I consult an old how to book to see what kind of romance is needed. It says,

"As the eve of Christmas approaches, young lovers can grow more giddy for the night of passion that awaits. A sense of longing for one another can be used to boost the happiness and patience of these days that lead to pleasure."

Okay, so the young horny couples need a little distance and longing before getting it on Christmas Eve. Sounds simple enough.

I get up to the microphone and think of the perfect song to sing.

I don't want a lot of Christmas,
There is just one thing I need.
I don't care about the presents,
Underneath the Christmas tree.
I just want you for my own,
More than you could ever know.
Make my wish come true,
Baby all I want for Christmas is you~

I can control my powers well enough to not burn down this room by accident. I figured out that if I compacted the flames into more of a colourful glow I could produce the same amount of power but just the stuff I want and in the direction I want. It helps me keep production higher, but my energy is effected. Usually when I sing it looks like I'm breathing magic because it comes out of my mouth. Kind weird really.

As the music joins in and the song speeds up I come back for another verse.

Bill POV
I lay on the couch, just watching some reality TV while I wait for lunch time so I can make Pinetree lunch. I feel bad that he has to work so hard on Christmas, it's not like he's ever had much of a happy holiday but I still want him to have a nice one with me. I usually make him meals, sing a few song with him, just love him and cuddle him whenever he gets a break. I hope it helps.

Suddenly, my phone rings. I fiddle around trying to find it before finally answering the call with my usual,

"Yellow."

"Hey Bill, it's Stan."

"Oh, hey Fez. Is something wrong? Should I get Pinetree?" I ask worried.

"No, I just wanted to talk about something important and didn't want to text. That sh*t's hard." He laughs.

"Tell me about it! Well, Pinetree is kinda busy, as you know, can you just tell me?"

"Yeah that's fine. Listen, I know you guys are working overtime out there and it's okay if you don't want to, but I was wondering if you wanted to come to the mystery shack on Christmas morning for a little family time. It's just Ford, Mabel and I." 

There's a silence before I can find an answer to this. When I finally do, I'm smiling.

"Fez... That sounds like a great idea. We'll be there."

"Thanks nephew." He says back, audibly smiling.

This is going to be interesting... I should probably go tell Pinetree.

As I'm walking to his new office/studio thing I made for him, I can tell he's singing another song. This is one of my favourites.

I just want you for my own,
More than you could ever know.
Make my wish come true,
Baby all I want for Christmas is yoooouuuuuu~

I stand at the doorway, watching him sing. Even though I've heard it a million times, his voice just takes my breath away. Maybe it's because we're soulmates, or maybe his powers can effect demons too. All I know is, it makes me fall in love all over again.
I'm woken from my thoughts as he starts to sing the next chorus.

Cause I just want you here tonight,
Holding on to me so tight.
What more can I do?
Baby all I want for Christmas is yooouuuuu~

I actually start to mouth along with the words, careful not to start singing and ruin the moment.

All the lights are shining,
So brightly everywhere.
And the sound of children's laughter fills the air.
And everyone is singing,
I hear those sleigh bells ringing.
Santa won't you bring me the one I really need,
Won't you please bring my baby to me~

It makes me wonder sometimes, how he manages to have so much emotion after singing so much. Even after a month of singing, he still has the same amount of emotion like he was singing about his own life. Maybe he is. Maybe he's singing about me... But what more could he want from me? How can he have me more than he already does? Oh...

Oh I don't want a lot for Christmas,
This is all I'm asking for,
I just want to see my baby,
Standing right outside my door.

Oh I just want you for my own,
More than you could ever know.
Make my wish come true,
Baby all I want for Christmas is...
You~

His voice goes soft as he repeats the last line and fades away. I quickly teleport back to the kitchen, pretending that I wasn't there, I start to make him lunch.

"Pinetree!" I call.

"Coming!" I hear him yell back.

He enters the room looking tired and hungry. Well, I can definitely help with that. I hand him a bowl of pasta and a fork.

"Thanks." He smiles up at me and digs in.

"So... I just got a call from Stan." I say casually.

"Are they okay!" He instantly asks, looking worried.  

"Yeah they're fine, he just wanted to know if we wanted to come over on Christmas Day."

He stops eating and stairs at me in shock.

"What did you say?" He asks after a moment.

"Well, I said yes. But if you don't want to we can-"

"No! It's, um, fine." He finishes his lunch in silence then puts his bowl in the sink. "We can have that cocktail party I was talking about on Christmas Eve day, then we can spend Christmas Eve together?"

"Yeah, that sounds perfect."

"Okay, I'll call the guests."