Too late ? - Cole

I went to return my movies yesterday. As I walked in I still hoped that (y/n) was working. I knew that she wouldn't be there though. But instead of seeing her boss working I saw some random girl . I had never seen her before . I don't recall there being an opening. Jay had told me that (y/n) had taken that position.

I picked out a movie called Serendipity. ( XD) Then I walked upto the counter .

" Hello Sir , how many nights would you like this for ? "

" Actually I want to ask you something"

" Ok?"

" Do you work with (y/n) ?"

" Who ? "

" ( y/n)"

" oh her , no she quit about a month ago "

" She quit ?!  "

" Yes ......"

" Why ?! "

" I'm not sure but I heard it was because of an ex boyfriend for some reason "

"..... oh ......." so that's why I haven't seen her.

" Seems kinda irresponsible in my opinion, I mean he was just a boyfriend but I can sympathize if she were being stalked by him"

" You said that you weren't sure , you don't have the whole story so you have no right to judge " I stood up for her . Even though she quit her job because of me . But if she quit.... why wasn't she home ?

After the girl got my movie for me I payed for it and asked her if she knew where (y/n) possibility worked .

" How should I know ? It's none of my business " gosh this girl is such a bratt .

" Thanks anyway "

" Have an Nice day ! "

" Yea , sure " I walked out and it was about lunch time .

My stomach growled loudly. I am really hungry . I think it's been about four days since I've actually eaten a meal .

Looking around while walking I started to pass Olive Garden . (Y/n) always loved to eat there ( if not too bad you do now ! XD ) My stomach growled again. I guess I should eat something.

As I walked in I was greeted by a lady.

" Hello , welcome to the Olive Garden, is it just you today ? "

" Yea "

" ok , follow me "

So I did . She sat me down at a table and a few minutes later I ordered. As I was waiting there I just looked around and listened to everything.

Kids complaining about there being broccoli on their plate , the clanking of forks on plates and (y/n)'s laughter?! 

Wow , I guess I really miss her but as I sat there waiting and listening it sounded like she really was here .

I let my curiosity get the best of me and I stood up and walked around. I really must be crazy . I kept looking and couldn't find her . But when I turned around to go back to my table , there she was .

She was in a Olive Garden waitress uniform. She works here now ?! But that's not all I saw . It seemed like she was ordering lunch for herself and some guy with black hair was taking her order and flirting with her .

" Oh hello miss , what can I get you today ?"he laughed .

" Humm , I guess I will have the ( whatever)" she played along .

" Excellent choice Ma'am " they kept smiling and giggling at each other .

I wanted to walk over there and stop them but I don't want her to see me like this .  So I just sat down at a table near them , and threw my hood on .

The guy eventually walked away to go get her food . I sat there staring at her , which did feel kinda awkward but she never noticed.

She instead was looking at her phone frowning. What was she looking at ? Did something else happen to her ?

The guy returned with not one but two meals. He then sat down next to her .

" What ya looking at ? "

" oh just some old pictures "

" I see that you like to stick to the black hair when you have a crush on someone " 

she blushed . " Haha , what are you talking about Lance ?!" She looked flustered . I know that face , she's lying.....

He just had an amused smile on his face as he laughed . " You know what I'm talking (y/n) "

She blushed harder . That's when he hugged her . " Come on don't be so shy , although I do love making you blush "

" Yea , I know you do " she poked his stomach and he let go of her .

" But since I know you just went through a break up I'm willing to wait for you until your ready to date again " he winked .

She smiled " Thanks Lance , but I never said that I'm not ready to date again "

Wait what ?! What did she say ?! She's kidding right ?!

" Is that so ? " he smiled and blushed .

" Yea but the only problem is no one likes me at the moment "

" Your kidding right ? You know I love you "

" Do you now ? " She smirked and the guy named Lance blushed . " Got ya to admit it " she giggled .

" You already know though "

" Yea but I like to hear you say it "

" So does this mean we are a thing ? "

" no your still single " (y/n) replyed . Thank goodness 😅 for a second I thought she was serious.

" Darn "

" You Dork , your single until you ask me to be your girlfriend " what ?! No no no no !

" Oh right , In that case do you want to date me ? "

".... I will let you decide weather or not we are dating " 

" Ok , I'm going to say that we are then"

" Then I guess we are " she giggled.

What ?! No !

" Now Miss , what can I get you for dessert , it's on the house "

" Hum ..... I'm not sure ....."

" here let me help you decide " he leaned in and looked at the menu with her .

" The cheese cake with raspberry topping sounds good "

" Yea it does "

" this looks good too "

" I think this looks good " I could see him turning to look at her and he was staring at her lips .

Their faces slowly got closer together, so slow as if time were stopping. I was watching them wanting to stop them but I couldn't move . Before I could see if their lips touched the menu was lifted higher so no one could see . I knew they were kissing, I could tell and I felt my heart completely shatter .

I got up and walked back to my table just in time for my food to arrive. But I wasn't hungry anymore.

She moved on . She's dating someone else. She really doesn't love me anymore. Why did I think what she would want me back ?! I lost her to some one else . I knew being in love was too good to be true .

A/n: THE END ! XD  such a happy ending right ? For you not Cole ( Lance is Isogai Yuuma from Assassination Classroom)