THIRTEEN

THIRTEEN: UPSIDE DOWN IS RIGHT SIDE UP

THE SEVEN KIDS STOOD OUTSIDE the laboratory waiting for it to be unlocked, with the efforts of Dustin. Katherine had a gut feeling, that Dean was doing something stupid, most likely along the lines of trying to save everyone. "Hey, I got it!" Dustin said as the gate began to open.

Nancy and Jonathan quickly got into their car, driving down the driveway. "Stay here!" Nancy yelled.

Before Katherine could protest, the car was off and down the road that led to the lab. "Perfect," Kat sighed. She paced back and forth waiting for the headlights to reappear. All the worst case scenarios popped into her head.

Dean could be dead, she thought to herself. Or even worse, Sam could be dead too.

"Guys, look!" Max pointed out as Jonathan's car zoomed back towards them. A police car followed in tow, and behind that was the black Impala. The five jumped out of the way as Nancy and Jonathan zoomed by. The police car came to a stop, where Hopper motioned for them to get in.

Kat ran to the black Impala and noticed Sam was driving, which never happened. "Where's Dean?" she yelled as she opened up to passenger door to reveal Dean in the back seat unconscious. "Dean!" she cried.

"Katherine, get in the car, now we have to go!" Sam yelled grabbing her arm and pulling her into the car. Kass immediately turned her attention to Dean, who was passed out in the back seat and had gashed on his arms. Sam took off, following Hopper down the roads back to what Kat guessed was Joyce's house.

"Sam what happened? Is he going to be ok?" Katherine asked, trying to find a pulse on Dean. "I told you not to let him do anything stupid!"

"The demon things, that's what happened! Dean went with Bob to help open all the doors but they things found them. Bob is dead and Dean is lucky to be alive, because Dean almost got killed too!" Sam explained.

"That's not how it happened," Katheine heard Dean complain from the back seat. She whipped around and slapped his arm, which caused Dean to groan in pain. "What was that for?" he snapped.

"Almost dying and leaving me with Sam!" Kat yelled.

"Oh - come on, I don't die," Dean snapped back. "And I would never leave you with him, he isn't fun,"

"I could have left you for dead," Sam reminded him.

"You wouldn't, you'd miss me too much," Dean smirked.

THE BYER'S HOUSE WAS PACKED. Four cars sat our front, and the house was buzzing with commotion. Kat was busy trying to stop Dean from bleeding out, as Sam wrapped bandages around his arms.