T H R E E

Taehyung's POV

Saturday 21st August 2074

"I need to go, I need to go," I frantically mumble. I grab my phone and check the time, seeing 23 missed calls and 34 texts. All from Nayeon.

"Go where?" Jungkook asks cluelessly.

"My sister! She was with her friend last night."

"Taehyung."

I tighten the laces of my shoes and grab my phone before heading to the door.

"Taehyung."

I continue stepping over people, almost in tears.

"Taehyung!"

"What?" I shout.

"It's Saturday," Jungkook says.

"What?"

"The party was on Wednesday. This disease didn't happen overnight."

My heart drops. I click my phone on and see Saturday on the screen. I stand still and my chest begins to tighten.

"Taehyung I'm sorry."

"I need to go."

"You can't go alone." Jungkook persists.

"She's my responsibility, not yours, Jungkook!"

"Taehyung, I don't want you to get hurt," he explains. "I want to help you."

"Jungkook, I'm going by myself whether you want me to or not," I turn around and begin to walk to the stairs, to find where the others are.

"Taehyung wait!"

***

"What?" Jin looks utterly shocked.

"You can't leave by yourself, you'll die out there," Boseon exclaims.

"I have to find my sister. I have to know if she's okay. It's Saturday. We were asleep for two days!"

"Taehyung, please just let me come with you," Jungkook pleads.

"Jungkook no, I'm sorry but you don't even know him," Hoseok interjects.

"We'll take you there, you can't go by yourself however far it is," Jungkook continues pertinaciously, not taking no for an answer.

"No." Everyone looks to Yoongi.

"He's not coming with us."

"Yoongi I'm so sorry about your sister, I know you're hurting right now but it wasn't his fault," Hoseok steps in front of him.

"You would've died," Jungkook explains.

***

"So where did you say your car was?" Boseon asks Jin.

"I parked it further away cos there was literally no space down here yesterday," Jin answers

Yoongi also had to park quite far away. Probably further than we did.

"Wait. Do you hear that?" Yoongi abruptly stops.

"Hear what?" Jungkook asks.