Chapter 22: The Big Day...

5 comments to unlock the next chapter :)?

Everyone buzzes around me and I draw in a deep inhale as they do their very best to make me appear more than just flawless... Perfect. My head racing with thoughts and fears as I slowly allow my hand to slid down my still flat belly. Someone softly lifts my head as they apply a bit more eye shadow, and once they let go, I catch a glimpse of myself in the full length mirror. Butterflies rise up in my belly with the realization that this is happening, this is reality.I, Adalaid Wolfe, was getting married.

I release my breath and run my hands full length over my torso, the dress clinging to me like a second skin. Haltered, silk, and so white it could be blinding if you stared long enough. I grin as I allow my gaze to roam down to my waist were the dress flares into a series of silky ruffles. I bring my gaze back up to my face, examining my carefully done makeup. My eye shadow light an eye liner elegant, my lips cover in balm and light pink lip stain with only a hint of gloss. My hair is pulled up loosely into a flawless curly up-do, tiny glittery beads shining throughout it. 

"You look absolutely stunning!" My mom whispers, her voice cracking as she adjust a tiny piece of my curled hair. I grinned at her, eyes filling up with tears as I mouth out a thank you. "Oh no, don't cry!" My mom chuckles out before pulling me into a hug. "You'll ruin your makeup!"

"I love you." I smile into her neck as she hugs me only the slightest bit tighter, her royal blue dress caressing my cheek. Her dress is spaghetti strapped and fitted until the waist were it flares out straight, stopping just above her knees. "Thank you... For everything." I grin before pulling away and fanning my face a bit.

"Alright, alright! Let's get on with this before more make up is ruined now shall we?" Cassidy chuckles standing proudly in her bridesmaid dress. It's red, the design like ribbons wrapping behind her neck into a bow and then falling down the course of her body, stopping right at her hip line and flaring out like a muffin to her knee- the underneath black and layered."Something borrowed and blue." She smiled before pulling a tiny blue butterfly pin from her hair and pinning it into mine. "Something old." She grins as my mother pulls out a silver necklace with a red ruby rose dangling from it and hooking it onto my neck. "And lastly, something new." She announces proudly and pulls out a box containing a thin silver bracelet that resembled a vine wrapping around my wrist. 

"I'm getting married." I mumble breathlessly as I stare into Cassidy's eyes. She winks at me before nodding and then pulling me into a tight quick hug. "I um, I didn't think I'd be first." I admit and Cassidy's face manages to brighten. "You were always better with boys. You had... have a way of getting them wrapped around your finger. I can't wait till you find your mate, I already know he must be more then just perfect for you."

"He's somewhere looking for me, I've just got to be patient." Cassidy shrugs with a lazy grin. "Until then it's kind of fun playing the field. But today isn't about me, it's your day and I'm just happy you made me maid of honor." Cassidy shrugs. "Ryan is one lucky guy, even if he isn't your mate. I'm happy you found someone who makes you this happy, someone who's there for you through thick and thin."

"Thank you." I smile before pulling my best friend into another hug just as the door flies open and Aiden comes running in. I pull back from Cassidy and pick my son up, hoisting him onto my hip. His tiny tuxedo looking adorable and his hair slicked back.

"You look pwetty mommy!" Aiden smiles up at me, his tiny index finger touching my nose as everyone in the room laughs.

"Thank you baby, you look very handsome today."

"You get married to daddy Ryan today?"Aiden asks curiously, and for a minute I can feel my heart pinch. I never thought my son would call two men father, but I refused to worry about it now. Promising myself I'd find a solution to it later.