Dinner and the Guests

Rayna's P.O.V

Father had downed at least eight beers I could smell the scent of alcohol oozing from him.

 He had me by my neck and slammed my head against the door catching my attention.

 His green eyes red from the prior drinks. 

I realized he had said something .

"I apologize sir I was thinking of what to cook for you and your wife seeing as you returned home early." I said faking as much of a smile as I could with his hand around my neck choking me .

"Did you think you could pull A fast one on me? You were planning to up and leave under my roof? Maybe I should kick you out and let you get A taste of the real world since you want to leave so bad."

He lets me go but not before shoving me with his shoulder enough for my back to hit the wall and telling me to hurry up

 that I was lucky he had plans and that he'd be back by 6 with company. 

I watch him get in his car and leave then I quickly get to the kitchen and think about what I should cook.

 I decide on a simple meal so I can quickly make it and lock myself in my room and pray him,his wife nor their guest need anything from me for the rest of the day. 

About an hour and a half has passed and the meals almost ready. 

I get a text from my father telling me to get ready because he has important guest coming over and they may need to meet me.

  Why would they need to meet me?

 I sigh fighting back tears and quickly taking a shower.

Please let this end quickly

 Once Im done I get dressed in a loose black floral dress that reaches right above my knee and apply just enough concealer to cover any stray bruises on all visible parts of my body. 

I decide to go down stairs and put the garlic bread in the oven a little earlier. 

While I'm putting the garlic bread In the oven I hear a car door close. 

I check the time 5:30 PM it reads in bold green letters.

 I sprint to the window to get a peek out side to see if My adoptive family is back.

 Thankfully they're not. 

Professor Silver?

I think to myself as I look at the familiar black car parked across the street in my neighbors drive way. 

As Im looking at his car across the street the one thing  I didn't notice was he's currently standing on my front porch.

 Shit 

Knock knock.

My confused and rampaging thoughts were interrupted by a knocking on the door. 

I hurriedly open the door and am greeted face to face... or rather face to chest with none other than Alois Silver.

We've gotta stop meeting this way 

I look at him slightly confused and worried. 

Why is he here? Is this A house call? John is going to kill me if he sees him 

"Why are you here." I ask him he chuckles a bit looking surprised.

" Nice to see you too Ms.Artegio.'' I slightly closed the door more.