PART THREE

Natasha slipped in between a few people at the bar and reached over the top of the bar to grab a bottle of water. She turned around, "Here you go..." Natasha looked left and then right, but Steve wasn't there anymore, he'd been grabbed away by Bucky. "Where's Steve?" she asked.

The person next to her turned around from the bar. "Oh, hey, Romanoff," he said, flashing her a smile. "You looking for Mr. Uptight?"

"Johnny," she said, giving him a look.

"Okay, sorry, it's Christmas... I'll behave," he said. He slipped his arm around Natasha's lower back as Bucky watched in horror from around the corner of the bar.

"Steve, you better get Natasha out on the dance floor or she's going to dance with someone else. Who the hell's that guy again?" Bucky nodded to Johnny.

Steve sighed, "That's Johnny. Shit."

Bucky mouthed a "woah" to himself as he watched Steve's face tense up. "Steve, just go over."

"I can't compete with that guy," Steve said, his face starting to look sober.

Bucky shook his head, "You're fucking Captain America, Steve." He couldn't help but laugh. "That guy's... well, he's not that good looking. Seems like a dick."

"There's Clint," Steve smiled as they watched Clint and Laura Barton walk up to Natasha for a hug.

Wanda's face lit up across the room, "Help is here, guys," she said into her comm. She didn't get an answer. "Guys?"

Wanda eyed the dense crowd in the middle of the room and finally her gaze fell upon Sam and Maria. "Guys, get a room," she said disgustedly as she looked away from Sam and Maria's make out session. "Gross."

Clint, Laura, and Natasha sat down on a couch to chat as Steve and Bucky watched them. Steve was busy deciding what to do about Natasha when Bucky walked away, leaving Steve suddenly feeling a pair of eyes on him. He looked to Clint who was staring him down and Steve gave him a wave and a nod. Steve looked away to see Bucky talking to Tony. He looked back to Clint just as the music changed. "Got you a slow song," Bucky said, patting Steve's arm when he walked back to join him. Steve's eyes darted between Natasha and Clint, Clint was now tipping his head in Natasha's direction repeatedly. Clint's eyes were wide and he kept his face still. He just bobbed his head towards her, hoping Steve would take the hint.

"Okay," Steve breathed out and started walking towards them. He looked determined now. The soft piano music was making him feel relaxed and the crooning was just what he was used to. He stopped in front of Natasha on the couch, she was still chatting with Laura.

"Hey, I was looking for you," Natasha said, excitedly. "Got you a water."

"Thanks. Nat, would you like to dance?" Steve held out his hand in front of her.

Natasha glanced at Laura before quietly putting her hand in Steve's and rising from the couch. Following Steve out to where everyone was dancing, she glanced back at Laura and Clint who were smiling at her. Clint gave her the thumbs up.

Natasha melted easily into Steve's grip on her lower back and his hand. It wasn't often her face was this close to his but it wasn't uncomfortable in the least.

"Where's your friend, Johnny?" Steve asked.

Natasha sniffed and laughed softly. "You can't be jealous of him."

"Why would I be jealous?" He was smiling at her now, his cheeks still pink.

"Exactly, why would you be?"

After just a second of silence to listen to the song, Steve said, "I like this song, it's new but it sounds old."

"This one's right up your alley," she grinned up at him. "I'm pretty sure it's Harry Connick, Jr."