Repair

'You said: "Boy go there, where there's no sunshine
For the darker your journey the brighter your mind
And the brighter what you might just gonna find
Don't load what you can't carry, walk twice"'

***

***

Hermione woke up screaming, her cushion wet from the tears and covered in sweat. In less then a second Niklaus sat next to her.

Hermione was trembling, 'I'm... s.. sorry...'

Niklaus lifted her from the bed and brought her to the bathroom, he prepared a bath and left her some clothes.

'Shh... It's okay love,' he whispered as he set her down on a chair standing next to the bath. 'I'll make some breakfast for you, you can undress and relax. I'll be downstairs if you need me.'

Hermione nodded and not much later she walked downstairs to see Niklaus preparing breakfast. Instead of sitting at the opposite side of the table, Niklaus sat next to her.

'Do you want to talk about it?' he asked her, he was concerned about the girl.

She looked him in the eyes and looked down again, 'Rough past.'

Niklaus pulled her closer, 'Don't worry, me too.' Hermione nodded, she knew most of what had happened to him. Since her History of Magic teacher was terrible she had began reading the history books in the library, she became interested in the vampire history. She came across a book called: "Vampires, a witch experiment?"

'You have to eat something, love,' he told her.

She nodded again and slowly ate the eggs on her plate, while being watched by Niklaus. He looked at the beautiful girl and caught himself staring, but he didn't seem to care. She looked so innocent, fierce, but haunted and tortured by her past. She looked at him, his hair was a bit messy and she corrected it carefully.

 She looked at him, his hair was a bit messy and she corrected it carefully

Realising what she had done she turned a deep red, 'Excuse me.'

She stood up and was planning on walking away, but Niklaus grabbed her arm, she turned around.

'I wanted to tell you something,' he said.
She sat down on the chair, waiting for him to continue.

'I need to go on a trip soon...' he started and Hermione began shaking. Her breathing quickened and her mind felt like it was exploding. The ground was spinning drastically. Niklaus pulled her immediately against his chest, 'Shh... listen to my heart beat.'

The rhythmic pattern of his heart successfully calmed her down.

'Thank you,' she whispered.

He nodded, 'It can wait anyway, I'll send someone else.'

Hermione's eyes lit up and she send him a smile, 'Why don't we do something together.'

Niklaus frowned, but Hermione continued: 'You can't hide yourself in your painting room all day and I've read all the books I could find in the house. We can go to the bookstore?'

Niklaus laughed, 'All the books? That's quite an accomplishment, love.'

Hermione blushed, 'I like reading.'

Niklaus just smiled, but was glad he hid his mothers grimoire.  'Well then, we shall visit the bookstore.'

***

Elena sat next to Stefan and Damon, the entire scooby doo gang had gathered and Damon dropped the newspaper he was holding.

'Alright, stop. I'm not going to keep searching for a girl I know nothing about.'

Caroline glared at him, 'Then we'll tell you about her.

Bonnie and Elena nodded, Jeremy who had been bored by them sat straight. Elena wanted to begin, but Jeremy interrupted her.

'I think it's better if I do the talking, I know her the best.'

Elena looked at her hands and Jeremy continued, 'Hermione is incredibly smart, not always very good at making friends. But good at keeping them, she loves to read. She went to school in England and her best friends are Harry and Ron. Harry is a danger magnet and Ron loves food, they have been through hell. That basically sums up everything.'

Elena frowned, she never knew Hermione was befriended with two boys. She began questioning herself, what did she know about her sister? Yes, she knew everything about her life in Mystic Falls. But nothing about her life in England, why didn't she? Did Hermione not tell her about it? Or did she just not listen? She feared the latter one.

Damon raised his eyebrow, 'The basics, I want to know why we're helping her. We've been searching for her a pretty damn long time. And Jeremy, her own brother says we should leave her be. I don't get it.'

In no time Damon was groaning form pain by the aneurysm Bonnie was giving him, but Jeremy elbowed her softly. For once he agreed with Damon.

'No! I don't know what's wrong with Jeremy, but we need to find her at all costs!' exclaimed a panicking Elena, while Caroline was nodding in agreement.

Stefan just looked at Elena, 'It's Elena's choice, if she wants to find Hermione... I will help her.'

Jeremy rolled his eyes, of course. Let Elena choose, it's her choice... blah blah blah... But before he could finish his complaining thoughts he corrected himself. He was glad that Stefan gave Elena a choice, that was what made him the "good guy". It just wasn't as "good" when Elena was making an obvious bad decision. And as a brother he should warn her when she's making a bad decision.

'This is not a good decision Elena.'

Or Damon could of course... but Elena just glared at Damon and seeing as this was going nowhere, Jeremy left. And out of the blue Stefan lifted a paper, 'Here, it's here! They're here!'

Please vote and comment your opinions! I love to hear them!❤️ I enjoy interacting with my readers!