Chapter 21

That night, Cordelia wasn't able to sleep. But Pierce was snoring away next to her. Her back was hurting and her stomach and she didn't know why.

She groaned and lightly shook Pierce. "Yeah?" He mumbled sleepily. "I'm in pain." She said, almost in tears. Pierce opened his eyes and gently pulled her into him and tried rubbing her stomach. "Maybe it's just the babies moving." He told her, trying to be comforting. She shook her head no. "It's a different pain. It's worse." She said.

Pierce sighed and sat up. "Okay. I'll call the pack doctor and see if he can come over." Pierce said and walked out of the room to the library and called the pack doctor. About five minutes later, Pierce came back. "He'll be here in a minute. I told him just walk through the front door." Pierce said and laid back down and tried to comfort Cordelia.

A few minutes later, the pack doctor came in. "Hello. What seems to be the problem?" He asked. "I'm in pain and it won't stop but I don't think it's the babies moving I don't know!" Cordelia said all in one breath and started to cry from the pain. Pierce sat up and wiped Cordelia's cheeks. He hated seeing her upset. It pains him to see her like this. He just wanted to take her pain away. "Okay. Well let's check you out. Just to see what's up with the babies."

Not even half way through the check up, the pack doctor realized she was in labor. But she was really early with her labor. Almost a month.

"You're in labor, my dear." The pack doctor said. Cordelia looked up at him with horror. "What? But I shouldn't be having them until for another month." She said. The pack doctor shook his head. "Well a head's coming. You need to start pushing." He told her. Pierce kissed Cordelia and told her that he was going to get the kids up and have Luka take them to Kaden's.

He walked to Luka's room. "Luka? Buddy get up. You and you're siblings have to go to Kaden's. Mom's having the babies." Pierce told him. Luka moaned and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. "Isn't it too early? She's been barely pregnant for 3 months." Luka said and getting up and walking to the other boys' room. "That's what I was thinking." Pierce sighed as he went to the girls' room.

Once all the kids were gathered, Luka walked them all over to Kaden's and Pierce walked back into the room and saw a baby in an old bassinet they had when the triplets were still babies and Cordelia was still pushing and she was crying. "Okay. I'm here, baby. I'm here." Pierce told her as he sat in a chair next to the bed and held her hand. She looked up at him. "Why does it hurt so much?" She asked. Pierce shrugged. "Don't know. But you got this. I know you do." He told her and kissed her hand.

"One more push and the other baby will be out." The pack doctor told her. She screamed as she pushed one more time and the baby came out. "Okay. There you go." The pack doctor said as he cleaned the baby off and did everything else and cleaned up Cordelia. "They're a little small and early but I think they're fine. I just got to do a full body exam on them to see if everything is fully developed on the inside."

Pierce pushed Cordelia's hair out of her face. "What are the genders?" Pierce asked. "They're both girls." The pack doctor said while he was setting up stuff to check the babies' insides. He had given the other girl to Cordelia to hold while the other one was in the bassinet, snoring slightly.

The pack doctor checked the baby in the bassinet and all of her organs and stuff were fine and then checked the baby in Cordelia's arms. "Okay. They're both healthy as far as I can tell. The girl in your arms, though, her right lung is a 1/4 centimeter shorter than it should be even though it's supposed to be smaller because of the liver. But it wasn't even noticeable and she'll be able to breathe just fine."

Cordelia looked down at the girl in her arms. She was wide eyed and was blinking at Cordelia before trying to look around at anything that moved. She looked just like Cordelia but with Pierce's eyes. And the other girl, who was fast asleep looked like a mix of both of her parents but had platinum blonde hair and from what Cordelia saw before she fell asleep, she had a shock of purple eyes.

The pack doctor packed his things and waved goodbye before leaving. "What are we going to name them?" Cordelia asked. Pierce shrugged. "Not sure." He told her. Cordelia gave the girl in her arms to Pierce. The girl looked up at Pierce and started to babble at him. Cordelia giggled. "Guess she likes you." She told him. Pierce chuckled. "Or she's trying to tell me her life story from how much she's babbling." Pierce smiled. "She's only five minutes old, Pierce. She shouldn't have a life story, yet."

The baby in the bassinet started to cry. Pierce looked up at the bassinet and handed the other baby back to Cordelia and went to grab the other one. "What's up?" He asked the baby as he picked her up. She wouldn't stop crying. "It's okay. Daddy's here." He told her and rocked her until she calmed down and looked up at him. "Wow. You got bright, purple eyes, don't ya? We should call you Amethyst or something." Pierce chuckled. "That's what we should name that one." Cordelia said. "Amethyst?" Pierce asked. Cordelia nodded. "How about Amethyst Rose?" Pierce suggested. Cordelia shrugged. "Well, if we yell at her, then it be confusing cos Rosalia sometimes goes by Rose or Rosie. How about Amethyst Grace?" Cordelia suggested. Pierce shrugged. "That sounds good." Cordelia looked down at the other girl in her arms. "How about Leah Vivian for this one?" Cordelia said. Pierce nodded. "Sounds pretty." He said.

"What are we going to do for room though? They're both girls and the girls' room is pretty packed already." Pierce said and sat down next to Cordelia with Amethyst still in her arms. She sighed. "I don't know. Maybe.. maybe we should build another house. But I just don't want to move out of this house. This is your childhood home. This is where the others spent the last 3 years, now." Cordelia said. Pierce chuckled. "Honey, it's fine. We don't have to build a new home. You know how we really don't use the dining room?" Pierce asked. Cordelia nodded. "But it would be nice to have it for family dinner once in awhile."

Pierce sighed and nodded. "True." He sighed. "Maybe we can.. maybe we can add another room." Pierce suggested. Cordelia sighed. "Pierce.. face it. We don't have room. And soon we're going to need more than one bathroom for nine of us. Maybe we should build a new home." Cordelia said. Pierce sighed and nodded. "Okay. I guess we should start getting that started."