I Am Loved-4

I Am Loved

I stopped attacking Lace for a moment, still holding onto her, and glanced at the people at the door. "Hi dad, Hello Sir, Welcome to our humble abode," I greeted the both of them. Then I let out a war cry and pulled Lace's arm back into an uncomfortable position.

My mom, who had also frozen, tried pulling Lace from underneath me when she heard Lace scream. Lace was slowly slipping away from me, which was unacceptable. I didn't care about the man at the door or the fact that my dad would be so angry with me for ruining his first impression. I only wanted to kill Lace.

"Hey dad, what-" The familiar voice cut off. I froze again and looked up to see Declan staring wide-eyes at the three of us.

Okay, now I cared.

I jumped off of Lace and smoothed down my hair and clothes. I heard Lace and my mother mutter a couple of "Thank God"s while I walked over to the unknown man. Only now did I notice his features.

He had the same dark colored hair as Declan but with a sprinkle of gray's here and there. He was tall and broad-shouldered with no sign of a gut. His nose was super straight and long, it had certainly never been broken. His eyes, which were brown, were the only feature that was different from Declan. Otherwise, this man was just an older version of his son.

And he wouldn't disappoint. When Declan and I got married, he would still look spiffy in his older years.

I'm a lucky girl.

"I'm sorry sir for my previous behavior. Come in." I led Declan's dad into the house, my father following.

Declan's dad sat on the couch, still looking a bit stunned.

"Would you like something to drink?" I offered with a smile. I could be a waitress.

"Um.. that's okay," he replied with a wave of his hand.

"Are you sure? We have water-" I racked my brain for anything else. "and water." We didn't have anything else.

He nodded his head and mumbled an "I'm sure" before turning back to my dad.

At that point, I allowed myself to look at Declan, who was still standing in the doorway. I glanced at him and saw that he was looking at me too.

I hope he was staring at my butt.

I hope he liked my butt.

He had a smirk playing on his lips and his arms folded across his chest. I gave him an awkward smile then made a mad dash for the stairs. I ran to my room and closed the door.

I let out the breath I didn't realize I had been holding and collapsed on my bed. 

I cannot believe I just embarrassed myself like that. I probably looked like some kind of gorilla when I was attacking Lace like that. Not only that, but I made a bad impression on his dad. How was he going to trust me to make his grand babies now?

Sigh. The troubles of my life.

"Reese, babe, let me in,"

I looked towards the door in shock. Was that Declan? Calling me babe? That was not acceptable. The pet name 'babe' brought back bad memories of past boyfriends who were jerks and shouldn't have the luxury of breathing.

"Figure out the right way to ask that question and maybe I'll forgive you. And let you in," I said and jumped off my bed. I stuffed all the random stuff that was on my floor under the bed and made sure that my laundry basket was safely tucked into my closet.