Chapter 23.2 - The Call Ⅱ

Izo happily checks her inbox to find a gorgeous skull crushing armor in her inbox and the delivery message that said that 4 million GC's had been deposited into her God account. Not salivating, Izo happily deposits said armor into her inventor, when she notices another message in her inbox. Izo reads the message that says, "Please remember to summon your subordinate!"

Izo's good mood instantly vanishes as she remembers her wretched luck. Of course, things had been going far too well. Now the real horror would begin, because knowing her luck she'd get a real slave driver as her subordinate. And where would she be left then?

Izo unhappily reaches for a gray shiny card with the picture of a person with a clipboard from her inventory. Shivering Izo mumbles, "Use," as she sickly waits for her subordinate to appear.

A black swirling vortex appears and spits out a yellow cat-like creature with a fluffy tail and a bell tied around on its neck. Izo stares at the yellow blob that is so fuzzy that she can't tell if it has paws or legs for that matter. The blob has sleepy eyes that are closed and yawns at her, showing a tiny pink mouth with tiny razor-sharp teeth as its ears flicker at the noise. The yellow blob just says, "Puah," before darting on the bed and curling up to sleep.

Izo blankly stares at the blob that could possibly be a cat as the familiar message appears to her vast relief.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations, you've summoned an SSS+ Subordinate, ????? (Gender: ???)

This mysterious creature is so mysterious that its's abilities cannot be accounted for.

Would you like to assign this creature to be your main subordinate?

To do so, "Please name it."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Izo almost chokes at the message from the system. Even the system didn't know what it was! What the heck was she supposed to do with the mysterious fluffy blob?

Izo unhappily decides to name the blob on a complete whim, "Pucca." The yellow catlike blob merely lets out a soft snort in acceptance and remains there on the bed. Izo sighs and says, "What the heck am I going to do with you?' The yellow catlike blob doesn't respond as Izo reaches over and touches the soft fur that makes her hands disappear.

Surprised, Izo pulls out her hands and does it again. Izo keeps playing this way with its fur until Pucca just lets out a strange chirp as if asking her to stop. Izo stops and decides to get ready as she was hungry. Besides, Izo needs time to figure out just how to introduce Dolores to Pucca. If all went well, Dolores would now be in charge of taking care of the mysterious catlike blob thing. Which frankly was a relief to Izo, it meant there was one less thing she was in charge of from now on.

Izo emerges from her room holding Pucca in her hands as Dolores emerges from the kitchen and says, "I made an omelet-." Dolores stops speaking and stares at the yellow blob in Izo's hands. "What is that?!" Dolores shrieked as she pointed her spatula in warning at the yellow furred cat thing.

"I found Pucca last night and I bought him-her, I just bought Pucca home," Izo replied.

Dolores sighs and says, "I'll buy a litter box and cat supplies later, now come sit down and eat."

Izo sets Pucca on the couch to sleep, while Izo eats the delicious breakfast. While Izo is eating, Dolores says, "By the way Miss, your father, and mother called and said they wish to see you at noon at the Treon Plaza."

"Hmm..." Izo rather muffled replied with her mouth full. "About what?"

"They didn't mention," Dolores carefully answered not glancing at Izo. Had Izo been paying attention, she would have noticed Dolores shifty gaze and felt something was amiss. But as Izo was too busy eating, Izo failed to notice said reply.

Dolores tactfully gets to her feet and inspects the fluffy cat. Seeing the cat so restfully sleeping, Dolores nods in approval of the cat's actions. Given that she was already taking care of the Miss such a lazy cat was only appropriate to have.

Said thought caused Dolores to pause and eye the cat with awe. In fact, said the cat would be perfect for such a lazy master as the young miss. For surely the young Miss was quite lazy if left alone which made the master and pet only appear that much similar.

Dolores let's out a sigh and gathers the plates as Izo says, "Well, I'm off. I need to stop at Marchen Inc. before heading over."

"Of course, Miss. I'll let your parents know that you will be there," Dolores dutifully replied as the door shuts on her before she can finish. Dolores clicks her tongue against the roof of her mouth, kids these days were just so impatient.

Turning to see the cat on the couch, Dolores says, "Well, I guess it's just you and me Pucca." The cat merely makes a strange chirp and doesn't even move.

Dolores frowns but brightens up at hearing a cheerful ringtone. Maybe her day wouldn't be so bad! After all, Berry was calling and that was always good news.