Chapter 11.1 - Their Thoughts During the Party

This will be a short chapter showing the triplets' thoughts about the events of the party in Chapter 11.

If you don't want to know anything they're thinking, or just hate POV switches, I encourage you to skip this chapter and go to the main update. You won't miss anything crucial. It's just supposed to be fun. Enjoy! :)

Aiden's POV

It wasn't surprising to hear that she didn't even consider me as an option. I kind of figured that with the way she hung on Axel's every word and pretended to be as tired of Carson as I am. That's why I didn't go to her at the party. I had more important things to do. Pack things. After all, despite Carson's ideas, parties are only good for one thing—networking.

Alliances are the bedrock upon which we built our pack, and the sight of a human mate wasn't exactly working in our favor. In short, I was busting my ass while my brothers were off having the time of their lives with our imprint, and they didn't even have the sense to make sure she was taken care of. I know I may be overreacting, but have you seen the recent studies on soda? I just... hearing her drinking that stuff mixed with the sound of her messed up heart reminded me of just how frail humans are. It reminded me of her.

Something just came over me. I couldn't even hear what Carson and Axel were saying anymore. I just wanted her away.

This bond is a curse.

Axel's POV

Okay, normally I try to see both sides of the arguments between my brothers. But when Aiden tried to drag me into it, not gonna lie, that made me a little salty. It totally came out of left field. He's off doing business arrangements while I'm busting my chops to make sure our mate doesn't hate us because of the two of them. You know, so we don't die (among other reasons of course).

Mia's face pops into my head and I can't stop smiling.

But I frown when I think of the sound of her lungs and heart. My brain's starting to memorize the irregularity, and it puts me on edge in a way I've never felt before, like a fire alarm constantly going off.

But seriously, Aiden, soda? He needs to chill out and stop acting like he's the only one who cares. I'm trying to convince him of that, but it's not like Carson's helping me out in that department.

Carson's POV

She's totally into me.